Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 11th, 2012, 05:22 PM

Default New Products

Hey team

Shop: 35251

Been communicating with one of my merchants in regards to their feed. What I have been asking them is to include a way we could pick up their items on sale as well as their new products.

They seem to think this is a mammoth task for them to do. As I am not sure myself maybe you could give me some pointers here.

Their new products tend to have an image which has "new" showing, but that does not help me unless I want to spend hours trolling through all their images finding these products showing these images.

I then search the words new|newest|latest - result is not precise eough.

This company uses tags such as cameras equipment executive executive-gifts gifts gifts-specialty ip ip-cameras specialty surveillance surveillance-equipment

Could they not simply add a tag called new and this would enable me to have a new product page?

Or is there any other way for me using their current datafeed to isloate these new products because I cannot see one at this stage?

As far as their items on sale they seem to think as well it is a huge job for them to include this in their current feed and simply point me to one of their pages on their site which has this information in a spreadsheet form that anyone can download.

Any comments appreciated and would be helpful.
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Given what you said, I don't think there are any other ways to isolate new products. It's not a field that most networks provide in their data feed formats anyway.

Eric
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:21 PM

Default Sales Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi

Given what you said, I don't think there are any other ways to isolate new products. It's not a field that most networks provide in their data feed formats anyway.

Eric
Hey Eric

So currently with other stores, how are the sale items picked up - is it purely they put two different prices.

Also with new products could they not put some hidden/ visible text that says something like new products in the description, therby via searching I could find them?
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post
So currently with other stores, how are the sale items picked up - is it purely they put two different prices.
There's usually a field in the formats for a sale price.

Quote:
Also with new products could they not put some hidden/ visible text that says something like new products in the description, therby via searching I could find them?
Yes, that would work.

Eric
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:05 PM

Default New and sale Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
HiThere's usually a field in the formats for a sale price.

Yes, that would work.

Eric
Thanks Eric - I have passed your information on. The field "sale price" should not be a major issue and the words "new or latest" I personally do not think is major either, but they are the ones controlling the datafeed. But thanks heaps for your input.
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
The field "sale price" should not be a major issue and the words "new or latest" I personally do not think is major either, but they are the ones controlling the datafeed. But thanks heaps for your input.
It's the network (not the merchant) that's determining the datafeed format for all merchants in the network. If the network has not provided a field for sales price there's no way for a merchant to add a sales price (unless another datafeed field is "abused" for this).
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
It's the network (not the merchant) that's determining the datafeed format for all merchants in the network. If the network has not provided a field for sales price there's no way for a merchant to add a sales price (unless another datafeed field is "abused" for this).
so is it shareasale I should be talking to. I would find it hard to beleive that shareasale do not offer that field. I check that out though.

That was easy
1 ProductID ProductID
2 Name Text Product Name
3 MerchantID MerchantID number
4 Merchant Merchant Name
5 Link URL URL to the product's page
6 Thumbnail URL to the products thumbnail image
7 BigImage URL to the product's large image
8 Price Numeric Product price
9 RetailPrice Product full retail price (or MSRP)
10 Category ShareASale defined Category
11 Subcategory ShareASale defined Subcategory
12 Description Product Description (HTML allowed)
13 Custom1 Merchant Defined Data
14 Custom2 Merchant Defined Data
15 Custom3 Merchant Defined Data
16 Custom4 Merchant Defined Data
17 Custom5 Merchant Defined Data
18 Lastupdated Last updated date
19 Status Stock Status. instock refers to product in stock
20 Manufacturer Product Manufacturer
21 PartNumber Text Manufacture's part number
22 MerchantCategory Merchant defined category
23 MerchantSubcategory Merchant defined subcategory
24 ShortDescription Text Short description (no HTML)
25 ISBN Text Product ISBN number
26 UPC Text 25 characters Product UPC

The following columns will be added on August 1st, 2009
27 SKU Text Merchant SKU for this product. This is a unique value, and can be used to generate a primary key.
28 CrossSell Comma separated list of SKU values that cross sell with the product.
29 MerchantGroup 3rd level category (sub subcategory) for the product
30 MerchantSubgroup 4th level cateogy (sub sub subcategory) for the product.
31 CompatibleWith Comma separated list of compatible items in format of Manufacturer~PartNumber.
32 CompareTo Text Comma separated list of items this product can replace in format of Manufacturer~PartNumber.
33 QuantityDiscount Text Comma separated list in the format of minQuantity~maxQuantity~itemCost. Blank Max Quantity represents a top tier.
34 Bestseller Bit 1 A 1 indicates a best selling product. Null values or zero are non-bestsellers.
35 AddToCartURL URL that adds this product directly into the shopping cart.
36 ReviewsRSSURL URL to RSS formatted reviews for this product.
37 Option1 Comma separated list of product options in the format optionName~priceChangeInDollarsPerUnit.
38 Option2 Comma separated list of product options in the format optionName~priceChangeInDollarsPerUnit.
39 Option3 Comma separated list of product options in the format optionName~priceChangeInDollarsPerUnit.
40 Option4 Comma separated list of product options in the format optionName~priceChangeInDollarsPerUnit.
41 Option5 Comma separated list of product options in the format optionName~priceChangeInDollarsPerUnit.
42 ReservedForFutureUse - - Reserved for future use.
43 ReservedForFutureUse - - Reserved for future use.
44 ReservedForFutureUse - - Reserved for future use.
45 ReservedForFutureUse - - Reserved for future use.
46 ReservedForFutureUse - - Reserved for future use.
47 ReservedForFutureUse - - Reserved for future use.
48 ReservedForFutureUse - - Reserved for future use.
49 ReservedForFutureUse - - Reserved for future use.
50 ReservedForFutureUse - - Reserved for future use.
51 ReservedForFutureUse

So there are differnet options in this format that this merchant could use to display things like;

sale items, best sellers, new products, they just have to have the will and use what is there for them to fill in.

Last edited by stefan : February 11th, 2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:10 PM

Yes in theory. But at this moment we do not process optional/custom fields as these fields can be used for anything.

As long as Shareasale does not provide a dedicated field for sales price it will not be possible to have sales prices for Shareasale merchants in Datafeedr.
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Yes in theory. But at this moment we do not process optional/custom fields as these fields can be used for anything.

As long as Shareasale does not provide a dedicated field for sales price it will not be possible to have sales prices for Shareasale merchants in Datafeedr.
Not good at all for an affiliate compnay thats been around for a while now and I find it a bit disconcerting and really surprised that this issue has not come up before with shareasale merchants and something done about it.

If I was a merchant I be jumping up and down at shareasle as I would be losing real sales because of this one issue.

How many of us using datafeedr are utilising shareasle I wonder and are losing out on potential sales because of such a minor thing with the datafeed format?

Regardless thank you kindly for answering my questions - I have forwarded your comments to shareasale now and I will wait to see if I get an answer on this issue.