Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old November 12th, 2011, 09:16 PM

Default Ability to view and edit category properties of all categories from one page

So, this idea popped into my head, while trying to perform the very monotonous task of updating category properties.

It would be nice if there was a page in the factory that listed all our categories in a table along with their category properties. This would allow us to edit properties like slugs, image URLs, etc... all on one page and then just click Save Changes to update all the categories.

The reason being is because sometimes my goal with a store is to just get up and running, so I may not set all the category properties right out of the gate. However, let's say I have 30 categories up and running, but want to go back and edit the properties. I have to navigate to each category in the factory, change the properties, navigate to the next category, change...and so on. This is very slow for a lot of changes. If there was a page where we could view all categories and edit their properties in one go that would be awesome. So then I could just edit 30 categories from one page and click Save to update them all.

If this exists, and I don't know about it, then please point me in the right direction. If it doesn't, I think it would be great to add and speed up some very boring editing tasks.
Old November 12th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Datafeedr Team

Thanks for the suggestion!