Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:43 AM

Default 37k + Products

Hi There,

I have my own dedicated server, but i was wondering the following?

Please can you advise best ways to speed up Datafeedr
Locally storing images what is the best & fasted way to download them?

Will this mess up our tables or will they update to match the local images?

Also can we have drop down menus for

Filter by Price
Filter by Brand
Filter by Keyword
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:50 AM
Datafeedr Team

THREAD MOVED TO CORRECT, VERSION 3 FORUMS.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:55 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Storing images locally will definitely speed things up. The initial download of the images may take some time but after they are downloaded, your site should run fast.

You need to set up your directories here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr > Directories and use the proper placeholder in your URL Settings here: The Factory > Your Store > Store menu > URL Settings. More on that here:

http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/182
http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/183

You can simply click the [Set Up] button on the Directories page and that will attempt to create the necessary directories for your images. Once your URL Settings are set up properly using %li and %lt, then your images will be stored locally.

Eric
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:29 AM

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply

Is there a way to make these drop down menu's? List of brands is gewtting too long and i need white space to fill up with adverts.

Filter by Price
Filter by Brand
Filter by Keyword
Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfink View Post
Is there a way to make these drop down menu's? List of brands is gewtting too long and i need white space to fill up with adverts.
Discussed here: /showthread.php?t=4180
Old March 24th, 2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi

Storing images locally will definitely speed things up. The initial download of the images may take some time but after they are downloaded, your site should run fast.

You can simply click the [Set Up] button on the Directories page and that will attempt to create the necessary directories for your images. Once your URL Settings are set up properly using %li and %lt, then your images will be stored locally.

Eric
I just tried storing my images locally. First I setup the directories, and then I set up the urls. And then clicked the "update products and settings button". And then *nothing happened*

After a while I figured out that it only downloads images after you look at each product - wtf? Why cant I just download all the images at once? Now my store has a whole bunch of "no image available" images and looks terrible. Its a good thing I tried this on my new store that is still under development and not live.
Old March 24th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmtn View Post
Now my store has a whole bunch of "no image available" images and looks terrible.
If there are "no image avaialable" images, that means that something is wrong.

What are your URL Settings in the Factory for Product Images and Product Thumbnails?

What are your directories for Product images and Thumbnails here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr > Directories?
Old March 24th, 2011, 09:36 PM

Most of them do have images after I view the category page. But some do not - and most of those seem to be on the first page of the categories product list. I will PM you the URL.

These are products that did have images when I was loading images from the merchant feed.
Old March 24th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Most of them do have images after I view the category page. But some do not - and most of those seem to be on the first page of the categories product list. I will PM you the URL.

These are products that did have images when I was loading images from the merchant feed.
Thanks. I'm a little stumped. We are looking into this. I will update you as soon as we figure out what is going on.

Eric
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
I just tried storing my images locally. First I setup the directories, and then I set up the urls. And then clicked the "update products and settings button". And then *nothing happened*

After a while I figured out that it only downloads images after you look at each product - wtf? Why cant I just download all the images at once? Now my store has a whole bunch of "no image available" images and looks terrible. Its a good thing I tried this on my new store that is still under development and not live.
Hi

The problem with those specific images is that they have a space in the URL. We are working on a fix for this that will be released in Version 3.2.

In the meantime, as a quick fix, you can upload the missing images manually, by taking these steps

- get the product id (under the "more info" link in the factory)

- locate the product in the Factory (e.g. by using the Discovery tool and "Similar to" search)

- click "more info"

- click the product image (or thumbnail), choose "save as" and save under product-id.jpg (example: 842200197926893.jpg)

- upload the saved image to the images (or thumbnails) directory (normally. "/wp-content/uploads/store/products/images")

Eric
Old May 17th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
The problem with those specific images is that they have a space in the URL. We are working on a fix for this that will be released in Version 3.2.
This issue has now been fixed.