Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 28th, 2011, 10:25 AM

Default Master keywords that apply store wide...?

When I'm setting up a niche store with a lot of categories I often find myself repeating the same searches in every category to define the "basic" product set, and then adjusting each search set to tailor it to the category products in the niche.

If I find that the basic product set needs refining, I've then got to revisit every category and update it with exactly the same keyword set to get the new basic product range to define.

Would it be possible to have a "Store Wide" keyword set?

EG, if my store is called "Blue Widgets", then in the same way that I can specify a subset of merchant for the whole store to work from (which are a separate store specific subset of the factory merchants) I would be able to define the allowed product range for the WHOLE store by one keyword set eg:

"Blue Widgets" Store Keyword Set:
Product title: blue|navy|aqua widgets -crystal|plastic|wood

Then the category keyword sets would be of the form:
Cat 1 Keyword: glass
Cat 2 keyword: metal
Cat 3 keyword: silver
etc... so they would need the store set defining - ie the "glass" adds to the store set search.

In this way if I wanted to refine the overall product set for the site I would just need to change the Store Keyword Set, rather than change every category.

This would be especially useful where new products come to light that are referenced by a brandname that gets missed, or where you realise after setting up a store that there is another keyword that references products that you have missed, eg "footstool", where the site only looks for "foot stool" in dozens of categories.

Hopefully the above makes sense!

Ty