After nearly 2 years of planning and development, we've finally released Version 3 (which ate Version 2 along the way) of Datafeedr. So many things have changed that it would be hard to cover all of it in one post.
There are a few important things to note:
So, here are some of the most useful links regarding getting started with Version 3, upgrading and documentation.
- Version 3 is still currently in BETA. Things may break as we work towards a full release of Version 3. If this concerns you, you might stay on Version 1 until Version 3 is out of BETA.
- Upgrading is not mandatory. We will continue to support the Version 1 plugin indefinitely. If you are happy with your Version 1 store or do not have time to upgrade, that's OK.
- The Version 1 Factory will be turned off soon. We have ceased updating products in the Version 1 Factory and you should begin using the Version 3 Factory if you have not already done so. Even though the Version 3 Factory looks a lot different than the Version 1 Factory, the same functionality is included there which supports the use of the Version 1 plugin.
- Version 3 of the plugin does not currently support some of the features which Version 1 included but it does contain many more new features which Version 1 did not contain. You can find a list of most of the features currently not supported by Version 3 here.
- If you are creating a new store, it's best to use the Version 3 plugin when possible, unless a feature you absolutely need is unavailable in Version 3.
- If you would like to receive an email notification when the Version 3 plugin has been updated, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org and then confirm your subscription.