Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 11th, 2012, 05:22 PM

Default New Products

Hey team

Shop: 35251

Been communicating with one of my merchants in regards to their feed. What I have been asking them is to include a way we could pick up their items on sale as well as their new products.

They seem to think this is a mammoth task for them to do. As I am not sure myself maybe you could give me some pointers here.

Their new products tend to have an image which has "new" showing, but that does not help me unless I want to spend hours trolling through all their images finding these products showing these images.

I then search the words new|newest|latest - result is not precise eough.

This company uses tags such as cameras equipment executive executive-gifts gifts gifts-specialty ip ip-cameras specialty surveillance surveillance-equipment

Could they not simply add a tag called new and this would enable me to have a new product page?

Or is there any other way for me using their current datafeed to isloate these new products because I cannot see one at this stage?

As far as their items on sale they seem to think as well it is a huge job for them to include this in their current feed and simply point me to one of their pages on their site which has this information in a spreadsheet form that anyone can download.

Any comments appreciated and would be helpful.
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Given what you said, I don't think there are any other ways to isolate new products. It's not a field that most networks provide in their data feed formats anyway.

Eric
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:21 PM

Default Sales Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi

Given what you said, I don't think there are any other ways to isolate new products. It's not a field that most networks provide in their data feed formats anyway.

Eric
Hey Eric

So currently with other stores, how are the sale items picked up - is it purely they put two different prices.

Also with new products could they not put some hidden/ visible text that says something like new products in the description, therby via searching I could find them?
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post
So currently with other stores, how are the sale items picked up - is it purely they put two different prices.
There's usually a field in the formats for a sale price.

Quote:
Also with new products could they not put some hidden/ visible text that says something like new products in the description, therby via searching I could find them?
Yes, that would work.

Eric
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:05 PM

Default New and sale Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
HiThere's usually a field in the formats for a sale price.

Yes, that would work.

Eric
Thanks Eric - I have passed your information on. The field "sale price" should not be a major issue and the words "new or latest" I personally do not think is major either, but they are the ones controlling the datafeed. But thanks heaps for your input.
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
The field "sale price" should not be a major issue and the words "new or latest" I personally do not think is major either, but they are the ones controlling the datafeed. But thanks heaps for your input.
It's the network (not the merchant) that's determining the datafeed format for all merchants in the network. If the network has not provided a field for sales price there's no way for a merchant to add a sales price (unless another datafeed field is "abused" for this).