Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old December 21st, 2013, 11:37 AM

Default add datafeedr "example" to home page

Hi Eric,

Hope this makes sense. My store homepage is http://saveongolf.net. The datafeedr landing page is http://saveongolf.net/store . I'd like to create a new "view" (hope I'm using the correct term.) to put on the home page. Maybe just one or two rows of random products as an example of what is on the store page and to make the landing page look more like a store. I was kicking around the idea of canning the landing page altogether and have the store open right up, but I'd like to try this first.

However I'm not sure how to do it. I know I must have to create a custom view, maybe call it example products or whatever. But I'm not sure how to get the "widget" or whatever we call it to land where on want it on that particular page. (or land on that page.)

My recollection is that the name of the new view should match the name of the page. Do I just name it "home". (I think that's the name of the homepage. I'll have to check. And would that make it appear on the home landing page. The next thing would be for me to figure out how to get it to appear where I want it. Which is right below the slider...(or possibly instead of it.)

Hope that made sense. Thanks so much.

KEn
Old December 21st, 2013, 03:10 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Your store view is the only view from your store that you can set as your website's home page.

I would suggest changing your store view to be what you want on your home page. Then creating a new custom view to display other things if you want.

Here's how to create a custom view: http://www.datafeedr.com/videos/?vid...rc=yt#videotop

Once you create the page it will have its own URL that you can add to your menu system.

Eric