Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old July 13th, 2011, 02:36 AM

Default Need help on Drop down Menu for Brand filter

After trying two different brand filters that you have posted, I've decided that this is the one I want to use on my site. Because it is already reversible, all I need now is to place it in a drop down menu. The problem is, the forum instructions are clear until step 5.

I haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about; specifically where do I place this PHP code? I am not a programmer; I don't know this stuff.... all I know is copy paste... you can't assume that I know.

<ul>
<?php if (@$_GET['word']) { ?>

<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='-word']">[X] Remove brand filter</a></li>

<?php } else { ?>

<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=AOC Breeze']">AOC Breeze</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Augen']">Augen</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Boss Electric']">Boss Electric</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Coby']">Coby</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Crystalview']">Crystalview</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Curtis']">Curtis</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Cydle']">Cydle</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=eLocity']">eLocity</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Enspert']">Enspert</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Entourage']">Entourage</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Ican']">Ican</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Kaser']">Kaser</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Maxwest']">Maxwest</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Maylong']">Maylong</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=MID 70003']">MID 70003</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=MID 80003']">MID 80003</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Nextbook']">Nextbook</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Pandigital']">Pandigital</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=SkyTex']">SkyTex</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=7 Slim']">7 Slim</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=8 Touch']">8 Touch</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Sungale']">Sungale</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Superpad']">Superpad</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Sylvania']">Sylvania</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Universe']">Universe</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Velocity']">Velocity</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Wintec']">Wintec</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='word=Zenithink']">Zenithink</a></li>

<?php } ?>
</ul>

Steps

1) Create a new Custom View named "Unordered Category List". Check the 'don't use layout' checkbox.

2) Add a Category List module to the module area.

2) Add the following code to the Category List module:

Code:
[category.list id='dfparent' before='<ul id="nav">' after='</ul>']
<li>
<a href="[category.link]" title="[category.name]">[category.name]</a>
[category.list id='dfchild' before='<ul>' after='</ul>']
<li>
<a href="[category.link]" title="[category.name]">[category.name]</a>
[category.repeat id='dfchild']
</li>
[/category.list]
</li>
[/category.list]

4) Update your store

5) Place the following code where you need your unordered list of categories to appear:

PHP Code:

<?php
$cats = str_replace(array("<div>","</div>"), array("",""), datafeedr_tag("Unordered Category List"));
echo $cats;
?>
Old July 13th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Did you add the code to a Widget View in the Factory? If so, after you update your store by clicking the [Update Settings Only] button, then you can go to Wordpress Admin Area > Appearance > Widgets and add the Brand Filter to your sidebar.

Eric
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:21 PM

Question Re: Previous post question to drop down menu 5th step

Store ID: 36897
Website URL: naturalaboutbeauty.com
URL to page in question: NA

I am trying to create a drop down menu for one of my custom widget filter views I created and I have completed steps 1 - 4 of your instructions on how to create a drop down menu. But like the previous post's question I do not understand where you are suppose to add/place or insert the PHP code in step 5) of the drop down menu instructions?

Where do you place this PHP code:

<?php
$cats = str_replace(array("<div>","</div>"), array("",""), datafeedr_tag("Unordered Category List"));
echo $cats;
?>

Do you mean place it in one of the widget filter views? In the widgets properties? In the wordpress template? In a post or a page in wordpress?

Thank you.
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Welcome to the forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooni216 View Post
Do you mean place it in one of the widget filter views? In the widgets properties? In the wordpress template? In a post or a page in wordpress?
That code is for using in your WP template files.

I think this code might be better for you: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/show...0421#post20421 That will create a drop down brand filter.

Eric