Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 15th, 2011, 09:10 PM

Default Ability in Factory to Filter Out Duplicate Products from a Given Merchant

I remain keenly interested in a feature in the Factory which would allow me to filter out duplicate products from the same merchant.

Buy.com is often guilty of this. Jewelbasket.com as well sometimes.

To see the issue, do the following, in the Factory run a search individually with each of the above merchants

shamrock|leprechaun|Irish|celtic|clover|claddagh ring

(a St. Patrick's Day example of the issue)

You will observe the following:

1) The are large numbers of duplications of the same product from each merchant for no apparent reason. You have to manually delete the duplicates, which is time consuming.

2) There are numerous instances of the same ring presented, with the only difference being different sizes of the same ring indicated in the product title or description.

It would be very helpful to be able to filter product searches to only include a "Master SKU" of a given product from a given merchant, so that only one version of a given product is included in subscription search results.

Most of the time I spend in building stores involves deleting out duplicates of the very same product from a given merchant.

OR....

Products using a placeholder image the merchant has inserted into the datafeed in place of an actual product photo, which defeats the "Product Has Image" filter in the Factory...which is the basis of another feature request I submitted earlier http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3933)

Being able to solve the about two subscription results issues, would greatly speed up store building time for me.
Old May 17th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

It is now possible to exclude duplicates when performing and creating search subscriptions.

The criteria for determining if a product is a duplicate are:

1. a product is from the same merchant
2. a product has exactly the same product name
3. a product has exactly the same price

If more than 1 products meet these requirements and the "Exclude Duplicates" checkbox is checked, only 1 product will be returned.

Eric