Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old June 17th, 2014, 03:31 AM

Hi Eric,

I changed the DNS settings to try another host, but have now changed it back. It may take a while for the settings to be updated but the original login details will work.
Old June 17th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Our css/images code relies on the Apache/mod_rewrite function that rewrites all non-existing urls to "index.php". When the client tries to load "shop/style.css" and there is no such file, Apache invokes WP's index.php to handle it, and our plugin does the rest.

WP-Engine seems to use other configuration that doesn't make such rewrite for known file types (css, jpg). In this configuration "shop/style.css" (or any other non-existent url) simply returns a 404 page. There's no workaround in our plugin (since it's bypassed completely), but it could be possible to set up this rewrite rule in the WP-Engine admin (http://wpengine.com/support/redirect/ ).

Eric
Old June 18th, 2014, 06:40 AM

Thanks Eric, I will look into it
Old July 3rd, 2014, 08:10 AM

Hi, I've been dealing with WP Engine for the last two weeks to resolve this. This is the last message from them requesting information from you.

'This very well could be a caching issue and as a result of that we need to know which directories would be best to exclude from caching to make the plugin work properly. This is something that the developer would be able to provide.
I see that the trailing slash is set to 0 in the "debug page" for that plugin but I didn't see any option to enable it. This alone is breaking the images on your pages and is an issue that must be resolved with the plugin developers.
The services on the hardware that we're hosting are all operating properly and we'd be more than happy to exclude a directory or two from cache to make your plugin work. Unfortunately this is information that must be provided by their developers. Turning the "trailing slash" on would be greatly helpful.'

Can you help with their requests.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 11:13 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

We don't have any option to enable trailing slashes - we're getting this from WP settings. And I don't see how this can affect image urls (which never have trailing slashes). But if they say they can enable rewriting for certain directories, then you can try to reconfigure your css/image urls (WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr > Directories) so that they all have the same directory path (like http://petrolheadpresents.com/wp-content/uploads/ ) and tell WPEngine to enable rewriting for that directory.

Technically, we need the following standard WP config to work properly:

Code:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f     
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
Basically, it says: if there's no such file and no such dir, then redirect every url to "index.php".

Eric
Old July 13th, 2014, 10:55 AM

Problem solved - moved hosts

Thank you for all your help in trying to sort this.