View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800HART View Post
Thanks ... nzcid

I'm thinking the same thing now - just to have one FB like of the category at the top of the page - just to help minimize the load CPU resources ... although, maybe in some stores I might try what you are doing (what M.K. was doing) by just linking the details button to the merchant's product URL directly. In that case, the FB like would be very handy.

btw - meant to ask since you changed it all that way - did you notice any immediate improvements linking directly to the merchant instead of your standalone product page first?

HART
Quote:
did you notice any immediate improvements linking directly to the merchant instead of your standalone product page first?
Nothing changed really with the customers habits they are still clicking on the buttons but this time of year most are not buying. For that site in June, 59 unique clicks going through to the merchants site. Not much I know and I am working on my traffic but that takes time.

The less clicks a customer has to do the better and if we remember our main focus is to get them to the merchants site, why would we not link the details button directly to the merchants site. We do not get paid by keeping them on our site, we should want them on the merchants site as quickly as possible using our affiliate links.

Been made redundant from August the 3rd so with my few sites I see where I go from there.