Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Bypass factory view and use default template view? (/showthread.php?t=9085)

mtricot May 10th, 2013 04:25 AM

Bypass factory view and use default template view?

Store ID: 276187
Website URL: sugarfreesweets-co-uk
URL to page in question: sugarfreesweets-co-uk

Hi there, if i dont want to use the factory view for store homepage/products/categories view, is there a way to tell the store to use default design already setup?
Otherwise when i activate datafeedr and import a feed it messes up the homepage/store view and products/categories pages.

Thanks
Matt

Eric May 10th, 2013 08:50 AM

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forums!

I see you are using ShopperPress for your theme. You know you can import your Datafeedr into ShopperPress and then use the ShopperPress template system to control the store layout?

Eric

mtricot May 10th, 2013 10:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 42096)
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forums!

I see you are using ShopperPress for your theme. You know you can import your Datafeedr into ShopperPress and then use the ShopperPress template system to control the store layout?

Eric

Thanks

Yes using shopperpress - ok will try that.

Update: The homepage design changes completely when i import products through datafeedr into shopperpress. I have uploaded homepage screenshots to show what i mean. I want store homepage to stay as per original.png screenshot.

mtricot May 10th, 2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

use the ShopperPress template system to control the store layout?
Could you tell me how i do that as it seems the datafeedr factory view takes over the shopperpress template.

Eric May 10th, 2013 10:06 AM

Hi,

Try adding the word store to this field: The Factory > Your Store > Store menu > URL Settings > Front page URL and then click the [Update Products and Settings] button.

Eric

mtricot May 10th, 2013 10:24 AM

Great that's sorted it, how can i do the same with category and product view? :)
So the category and product inherit the shopperpress theme

Eric May 10th, 2013 10:25 AM

Hi,

That's not possible. You will need to rely on the ShopperPress pages to display your product information.

Eric

mtricot May 10th, 2013 10:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 42107)
Hi,

That's not possible. You will need to rely on the ShopperPress pages to display your product information.

Eric

Maybe i didnt explain properly. The category view in shopperpress (right image) is different to when datafeedr is activated(left image), i want to keep the shopperpress category view.

Eric May 10th, 2013 10:45 AM

Hi,

Can you activate Datafeedr and then send me a link to those 2 URLs?

Eric

mtricot May 10th, 2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 42109)
Hi,

Can you activate Datafeedr and then send me a link to those 2 URLs?

Eric

Sure, now activated, it's the same url just one with datafeedr activated, the other with it deactivated - http://www.sugarfreesweets.co.uk/cat...hewy-and-soft/

Eric May 10th, 2013 11:03 AM

Hi,

I see the issue now. Please do this:

1. Go here: The Factory > Your Store > Store menu > URL Settings

2. Click the [Reset] button.

3. On your site click the [Update Products and Settings] button.

That will fix this issue.

Eric

mtricot May 10th, 2013 01:58 PM

Woohoo awesome that's fixed it! Thanks very much :cool: