Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Are Default Views overwritten by updates? (/showthread.php?t=8608)

DohRayMi February 17th, 2013 12:14 PM

Are Default Views overwritten by updates?

Hi everyone,
this is my first post, go easy on me please! :D

First of all, I wasn't able to paste the required information into the header as advised, it is acting funny for me by selecting everything and not allowing me to paste.

However, my question is very generic, so I really don't think that matters anyway.

My question: Are the Default Views overwritten when the theme is updated? Obviously I want to modify them, but don't want to lose my changes later. It seems easier and slicker to modify them rather than creat new Custom Views.

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I did search but couldn't find a relevant answer. I am used to using Child Themes when working with WordPress, so that's why I ask.

Thanks in advance for any insight,
Philip.

Eric February 17th, 2013 01:47 PM

Hi Philip,

Welcome to the forums!

No, your views are not affected by theme updates (or even WP updates). They are, for the most part, independent of each other. The only thing that could happen (unlikely and fairly insignificant) is if your theme adds some new CSS code that conflicts with Datafeedr's CSS. Generally, this won't happen and if it does then it's usually really easy to fix.

Eric

DohRayMi February 17th, 2013 02:07 PM

Hi Eric,
thanks for the welcome and quick response.
Before reading your answer, I read my question again, and realised I had made a mistake, D'oh!

What I actually meant to ask was, will the Default Views be affected/overwritten by updates to Datafeedr?
I think if they had, you would have mentioned that in your answer, but just in case.

Sorry 'bout that,
Philip.

Eric February 17th, 2013 02:13 PM

Hi Philip,

No, updates to your store or the Datafeedr plugin will not affect your Default Views or your custom views.

Eric

DohRayMi February 17th, 2013 02:15 PM

Hi Eric,
OK, thank you for clearing that up.
I will go ahead and modify the Default views then.
Best regards,
Philip.