Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Related Products Shortcode on a Post? (/showthread.php?t=8525)

lesljr January 31st, 2013 11:07 AM

Related Products Shortcode on a Post?

Store ID: 39124

When I use the related products shortcode in a post, it displays everything in 1 column.

I would like for it to display like it does when i view a product from a store page(4 columns). Why does it look different in a post and how to I fix it to display 4 columns in a post?

check out http://wrestleclub.com/temp-for-preview-only/ to see what I'm talking about.

Eric January 31st, 2013 12:29 PM

Hi,

Which shortcode are you adding to your post? Or what is the name of the Custom View responsible for displaying those products?

Eric

lesljr January 31st, 2013 12:55 PM

[Related Products]

Eric January 31st, 2013 01:07 PM

Hi,

If you've already added this shortcode to many posts and don't want to go back and update all of your posts, then you could add the word view to this field: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > CUSTOM VIEWS > Related Products > View menu > View Properties > Custom CSS ID

However, if you haven't added this shortcode to lots of posts and don't mind updating a few posts, I would suggest duplicating the Related Products view. Name it to something like "Post Related Products". Then update your shortcodes to:

[Post Related Products ... ]

Also, for the new "Post Related Products" view, you will need to add the word view to this field: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > CUSTOM VIEWS > Post Related Products > View menu > View Properties > Custom CSS ID

Eric

lesljr January 31st, 2013 03:33 PM

that worked. the only thing is that it displays 3 instead of 4 columns. The template I inserted has <div class="t1 col4">. any idea why it only displays 3 columns?

Eric January 31st, 2013 03:44 PM

Hi,

I think that's because there are only 3 products to display. The code is ready for the 4th product but I guess it doesn't exist.

Eric

lesljr January 31st, 2013 04:08 PM

no, there are two pages of products under that category

Eric January 31st, 2013 05:11 PM

Did you already check the "products per page" settings of your product list module on that view? I'm guessing it's set to 3 then.

lesljr January 31st, 2013 05:17 PM

duh... I can't believe i missed that. Thanks and sorry for not checking that.