Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   New hosting - backup directory needed (/showthread.php?t=8522)

soapyjohnson January 30th, 2013 09:29 PM

New hosting - backup directory needed

Store ID:
Website URL: http://placeitonluckydan.com/
URL to page in question:

I just switched from GoDaddy hosting to Hostgator. Now I'm finding ...

Backup cannot be run for the following reasons:

Backup directory does not exist or is not writable (Directory not found)

I've hit the Backup Now button but nothing happens. I need to be walked through process of creating a backup directory (I had one with GoDaddy and never had this issue). Please advise.

Eric January 30th, 2013 10:46 PM

Hi,

You need to go here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr > Directories and modify the directory paths used there.

If you have questions about that, please let us know.

Eric

soapyjohnson January 31st, 2013 01:48 AM

Eric ... I need more direction than that. I'm browsing the files and don't see where this is. Please baby step, as I'm not familiar with the process. I remember setting this up on GoDaddy, so I've done it before. I just don't know where to find this or what to modify. Please advise. Thanks ... Dirk

Eric January 31st, 2013 08:56 AM

Hi Dirk,

OK, I can help but I'll need more information first.

What is the value of the field here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr > Directories > Backup Directory > Path

Also, I need the full path to your website's public_html folder. If you don't know this, just ask your web host provider and they will be able to tell you. Often is looks something like this:

/home/username/public_html/

Eric

soapyjohnson February 1st, 2013 09:17 AM

I will let you know. Thanks!

soapyjohnson February 1st, 2013 05:25 PM

Eric ... It appears this has been resolved by Hostgator. In asking them the path (because I couldn't find what you'd mentioned), they discovered a problem and remedied it. They believed that would correct the problem I was having and it appears to have. If it hasn't, I'll let you know. Thanks very much! ... Dirk