Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Filter by price pages outranking main pages (/showthread.php?t=8396)

bharte January 6th, 2013 06:49 PM

Filter by price pages outranking main pages

Hi,

I presume this can be fixed by using canonical tags however I am unsure how to go about this.

Problem is filtered by price urls e.g. www.website/category1/?price=-50 is showing up in serps instead of www.website/category1/ which isn't ideal.

I've got the price filter widget in use and the code from the factory is

<ul>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='price=-50']">Less than 50</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='price=50-100']">50 ~ 100</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='price=100-150']">100 ~ 150</a></li>
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='price=150-']">More than 150</a></li>
<ul>

Has anyone got any tips I could try?

Thanks

Eric January 6th, 2013 09:04 PM

Hi,

Please try adding the following code here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > CATEGORY PAGE > Default > View menu > View <head> Elements.

HTML Code:

<link rel="canonical" href="[server.url type='page']" />
Eric

bharte January 7th, 2013 06:58 PM

Hi,

I tried that and updated the store, disabled caching and refreshed the page. I then loaded one of the price filter pages and checked the source and rel-canonical was not in the source.

To confirm I am using the price filter in the sidebar widget and have added <link rel="canonical" href="[server.url type='page']" /> to My Store > VIEWS > CATEGORY PAGE > Default > View menu > View <head> Elements directly under

<title>[category.name] | </title>
<meta name="description" content="[category.description]" />
<meta name="keywords" content="[category.keywords]" />

Eric January 7th, 2013 07:04 PM

Hi,

Yes, that's correct. What's your store's ID?

Eric

bharte January 7th, 2013 07:51 PM

Thank you

Eric January 7th, 2013 07:59 PM

Hi,

Your canonical link looks good to me. Even when I filter the category page by price, the canonical link is correct:

HTML Code:

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.YOURSITE.COM/YOUR-CATEGORY/" />
Eric

bharte January 7th, 2013 09:05 PM

Maybe my browser was caching the old page. I'll check again tomorrow and thanks for looking for me.