Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Have Drip set product image as featured image. (/showthread.php?t=8228)

jerseyal November 28th, 2012 12:41 PM

Have Drip set product image as featured image.

Have a cool plugin that will take a blog post and pin it to a pintrest board automatically. It's not working with datafeedr drip posts and it gives an error about image not set. it's looking for the post's "featured image". Is there some code I could add somewhere to have the drip post set the product image as a featured image for the post?

I saw some forum posts related to this, but I'm not sure if my case is the same...

Thanks,

AL

Eric November 28th, 2012 12:46 PM

Hi AL,

Another user posted some code to add dripped images to the featured image area: /show...0521#post20521

Eric

jerseyal November 28th, 2012 09:30 PM

hello Eric,

I tried adding that code and changing the permissions, but it does not work and now when I go to Posts in the WPadmin, this appears at the top:

Warning: fopen(/home/content/35/9708435/html/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/new-era-green-bay-packers-melton-basic-59fifty-fitted-hat---8211;-charcoal/green-169.jpg) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/35/9708435/html/wp-content/themes/green2/functions.php on line 32

Warning: fputs() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/content/35/9708435/html/wp-content/themes/green2/functions.php on line 33

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/content/35/9708435/html/wp-content/themes/green2/functions.php on line 34

Warning: fopen(/home/content/35/9708435/html/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/green-bay-packers-ladies-franchise-twill-jacket---8211;-green/gold-165.jpg) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/35/9708435/html/wp-content/themes/green2/functions.php on line 32

Warning: fputs() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/content/35/9708435/html/wp-content/themes/green2/functions.php on line 33

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/content/35/9708435/html/wp-content/themes/green2/functions.php on line 34

Any hints?

jerseyal November 28th, 2012 10:00 PM

more info:

If I publish a post manually with an image in it, the pinterest plugin works and posts it to my pinterest board automatically.

Also, the two errors that reference a missing file are correct- those two images are in fact missing. So ignore those two errors, but what do the others mean?

And finally, looking at the theme closer, I don't see any reference to featured images. Perhaps my theme doesn't even use featured images or is that a part of every Wordpress theme?

sorry, learning as I go along here...

jerseyal November 28th, 2012 10:09 PM

BTW, this is for buypackersgear.com

Eric November 28th, 2012 10:37 PM

Hi,

If those 2 images were missing then the other errors could just be subsequent errors. PHP errors have a tendency to cascade, 1 error will cause another error which causes another error, etc...

Be sure to test with some products that do have valid images.

Not all themes support featured images. It's not a core WordPress feature.

Eric

jerseyal November 28th, 2012 11:15 PM

Actually those products with the missing images were not ones I used in my test posts. I did test with products with valid images. So I don't know why it's complaining about those.

The plugin does look for featured images. So if the theme doesn't support featured images, obviously that's a problem. Assuming I get a theme that supports featured images, do you think the code additions to functions.php will get the DRIP to set a featured image?

Actually, my new site uses featured images, so I'll test there...

Eric November 29th, 2012 08:24 AM

Hi,

If your theme doesn't support featured images, it's a pretty easy fix: http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Thumbnails

Eric

jerseyal November 29th, 2012 05:10 PM

will try that and get back to you - thanks...

jerseyal December 1st, 2012 09:11 PM

Ok I have tghe theme using featured images now - thanks for that info. I added the code to functions.php and now my posts show the product image as the featured image. Amazing!

The pinterest plugin now works - sometimes (random). At this point the issue is most likely on their end, so I will pursue with them. thanks for your help!

Al

Eric December 1st, 2012 10:41 PM

Great! Thanks for the update!