Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Short Description (/showthread.php?t=7943)

brentmitchell October 19th, 2012 10:10 AM

Short Description

In the category/related products view, is there a way to display a short description instead of just limiting the characters/words shown? From what I can see, it only takes the info from the long description and shortens it to the desired length. I' like my short description to be different than my long description. Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks!

Eric October 19th, 2012 10:12 AM

Hi

If you want to provide a custom short description for your products, then you can add that. I would put the short description into the "Specifications" field for your products. Then in your views you can reference [product.specs] instead of [product.description] to display your custom, short description.

Eric

brentmitchell October 19th, 2012 10:27 AM

Thanks Eric!

brentmitchell October 19th, 2012 10:38 AM

As I'm writing my custom long descriptions, I'm not able to add HTML. Is there a setting I'm missing to allow this?

Eric October 19th, 2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentmitchell (Post 36587)
As I'm writing my custom long descriptions, I'm not able to add HTML. Is there a setting I'm missing to allow this?

You can add HTML to the description field for a product. If you want the HTML to appear in your store, change [product.description] to [product.description html='1'] in your views where you want the HTML to be rendered.