Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Stopping multiple stores showing in catergory (/showthread.php?t=7315)

ukeshops July 13th, 2012 09:17 AM

Stopping multiple stores showing in catergory

Hi,

We have just build our first store. Our main aim is to provide price comparison for each item we list. Which means we have a number of the same item listed from different merchants. Sadly this means under category a single item can show maybe three or four times. This clutters every category we have added.

What I need to know is there a way, in the category page, to show 1 item listing rather than multi-listing for each item because we are pulling it in from a number of merchants to be able to offer price comparison.

Not sure if any of this makes sense. As I say we are brand new to this and may be missing the obvious.

Steve

Eric July 13th, 2012 09:20 AM

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forums!

I've done this for another user. I outlined the instructions here: /show...5465#post25465

Eric

ukeshops July 13th, 2012 09:27 AM

Thanks for your quick reply Eric, I'll have a look at this and see if I can get it to work.

Steve

ukeshops July 16th, 2012 04:58 AM

Store ID 38753
Don't really want to put url on a forum

Hi Eric,

I tried your suggestion of creating a custom view . I called it Master Product Category (by mistake) but changed the DRF: to match this. I followed your other instructions.

However now when I go to my category page nothing at all shows up. I have set over 40 comparison sets. I believe this makes a product a 'master product'

Stuck now. I will email my url to you if you need it.

Thanks

Steve

Eric July 16th, 2012 06:49 AM

Hi

You added a Product Detail module to the new Custom View. You should have added a Product List module.

Eric

ukeshops July 16th, 2012 08:21 AM

Ooops! Thanks for that. It now works fine. Thanks for that Eric.

stefan July 16th, 2012 02:59 PM

Note that you don't have to add all products you need for a comparison set to your store categories.

It's ok to just add the products from one merchant to your store.

Then create a comparison set for each product and add the same product from other merchants via the comparison set page to the comparison set.