Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Custom View Parameters - how to read them? (/showthread.php?t=7033)

dhilditch May 31st, 2012 09:26 AM

Custom View Parameters - how to read them?

Hi - here's an example link:

http://www.fitness-saver.com/2012/05...nt-abdominals/

From there you can see we have really cool use of the [DFR:customview?name=something&price=10-100] shortcodes.

One thing I would really love to add is a hyperlink from within the custom view which takes the user to similar products. e.g. Our custom view is called 'AddProducts' and if you imagine we had the following:

[DFR:AddProducts?name=treadmill&price=6000-]

Then it will show 5 treadmills upwards of 6000. What I would like is the ability from within the view to identify the ?name=treadmill and ?price=6000- parameters. If I could access those, then I would be able to add a hyperlink (we'll make it stylish too like our custom views) which goes like this:

<a href="/fitness-store/search/?name=treadmill&price=6000->View all</a>

If it's not possible, please let me know as I can just give content editors some standard code to create for their DFR shortcodes and then they have to modify the search query in two places is all.

Thanks,
Dave

Eric May 31st, 2012 09:31 AM

Hi

I understand what you want to do but I don't understand where the ?name=treadmill and ?price=6000- parameters are coming from... Are you manually adding those for each post?

Eric

dhilditch June 1st, 2012 11:58 AM

Yes - say for example we write a Mountain Bike Buying Guide, then we could have 4 or 5 different types of bikes that we cover in the buying guide and we would insert this [DFR:AddProduct...] shortcode 4 or 5 times.

We intend to add these manually to *most* of our posts to create a nice link right through to the shop from the posts.

dhilditch June 1st, 2012 11:59 AM

And specifically, regarding the ?name=treadmill and ?price=6000- parameters, these were chosen so that we could identify treadmills with TVs. We found it impossible to do this using the text description - e.g. ?name and ?description do not play nicely together in these [DFR:custom views]

Eric June 1st, 2012 12:32 PM

Hi

Adding the following code to the AddProduct's Product List module should do the trick:

Code:

<?php
$name = $s->request->params->name;
$price = $s->request->params->price;
?>
<a href="[server.url query='view=search&amp;name=$name&amp;price=$price']">View all</a>

Eric

dhilditch June 4th, 2012 02:28 PM

Thanks - that helped a lot. In the end, I ended up using PHP to write the query and I added in a lot more parameters. Here's what I ended up with so far:

<?php
$name = rawurlencode($s->request->params->name);
$price = rawurlencode($s->request->params->price);
$word = rawurlencode($s->request->params->word);
$description = rawurlencode($s->request->params->description);
$brand = rawurlencode($s->request->params->brand);
$merchant = rawurlencode($s->request->params->merchant);
$caption = $s->request->params->caption;
?>

And then under the products, before the clearing div:

<div class="productcaption"><?php echo $caption ?></div><div class="moreproductslink">
<a rel="nofollow" href="/fitness-store/search/?name=<?php echo $name.'&price='.$price.'&word='.$word.'&descriptio n='.$description.'&brand='.$brand.'&merchant='.$me rchant; ?>" >View all</a>
</div>

Then I've styled those to float left and right - the finished result can be seen here:

http://www.fitness-saver.com/2012/05...-buyers-guide/

Thanks!

Eric June 4th, 2012 02:55 PM

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Eric