Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Store Front Page Product Display (/showthread.php?t=6698)

kowboy April 9th, 2012 12:09 AM

Store Front Page Product Display

Hi.

I have had Datafeedr for about a week now. My first store is set up but there are still some tweaks I want to make. There is a lot to take in so I may have missed some things.

I am having a hard time getting my store's front page to display the products I want. I have tried using tags and name and still not getting what I want. Can I select specific products by product id for example and if so how would I do this.

Thanks
Steve

nzcid April 9th, 2012 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kowboy (Post 30728)
Hi.

I have had Datafeedr for about a week now. My first store is set up but there are still some tweaks I want to make. There is a lot to take in so I may have missed some things.

I am having a hard time getting my store's front page to display the products I want. I have tried using tags and name and still not getting what I want. Can I select specific products by product id for example and if so how would I do this.

Thanks
Steve

Hey Steve

This video will help you get what you want.

http://www.datafeedr.com/videos/?vid...rc=yt#videotop

Anytime you are trying to do something look on this page that has all the videos on it as in most cases it help get the answer you are looking for.

http://www.datafeedr.com/videos/

Eric April 9th, 2012 08:27 AM

Hi

Your other option is to create a hidden category and then choose to display the products in that category via the Custom Query String. Just insert the hidden category's ID into the Product List module's settings on the Store front page like this (where 123456 is the category ID):

Code:

c=123456
Eric

kowboy April 9th, 2012 03:42 PM

Hi,

I watched that video before I tried doing this. I want to display individual products from multiple categories. I tried using tags custom query and it helped but still not what I want. I couldn't get the name query to work, but I am not sure I entered the info right, that is why I asked about product ids.

When I use this query only the first product displays:

name=Mirage Stone Outdoor Woodburning Fireplace (Taupe)&Guardian Angel Statue w/ Solar Lantern& Double Rail Garden Bridge& Rooster Weathervane& Kate Collection Loveseat w/ Espresso Cushions& Ebony Ivory Collection Loveseat w/ Cushions& Bellagio Pergola& Luxe Hexagon 16 Pavilion with Sidewalls& Cook Number 36 Gas Grill w/ Deluxe Cabinet& Electric Cook Number Grill (Black Porcelain)& Patio Bistro Table w/ Granite Top 2 Chairs& Goletta Outdoor Fountain

I have tried several variations but no luck so far.

Steve

Steve

Eric April 9th, 2012 05:29 PM

Hi

You can enter multiple product IDs like this:

So, each product ID should be separated by a comma (no spaces) like so:

Code:

p=128400983330785,128400964099005,128400983330785,128400964099325
You can find product IDs by clicking the "more info" link for any product in your categories.

Eric