Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Problems (/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Product images (on category/store front view) won't change size (/showthread.php?t=5959)

webnamescouk December 22nd, 2011 05:55 AM

Product images (on category/store front view) won't change size

Hi,
I've added code to make the thumbnail images bigger, but for some reason they just aren't working with this store, yet the exact same code works for every other store!
Hope you can help!
Cheers

The store is at http://bonechinateapots.co.uk/
Store ID: 35228

Eric December 22nd, 2011 10:00 AM

Hi

That's because the size of the image is very small:

Try referencing the regular image instead of the thumbnail on your pages. You can do that by replacing [product.thumbnail] with [product.image].

Eric

webnamescouk January 3rd, 2012 09:31 AM

Cheers! :)

webnamescouk January 3rd, 2012 09:51 AM

After looking again, it's definitely not the merchant that has changed this, as every single one of my stores now has silly looking thumbnail images!

Is there a reason as to why they're all so small now? It's going to take absolutely ages to change them all to a reasonable size!

(Changing around 5 items on a large amount of stores)

Eric January 3rd, 2012 09:54 AM

Hi

Try opening up the small images in their own browser window to see their true size. I'm guessing all of the images are being served up by http://images.productserve.com/ and that is why you noticed a change across all merchants.

Eric

webnamescouk January 3rd, 2012 09:56 AM

Yep they're being served by that, if i add caching to all of the stores will that change anything? There must be an easier way to do this than to manually change every single store to use the full image rather than the thumbnail just to avoid the tiny size that may occur with some merchants?
Cheers

Eric January 3rd, 2012 09:57 AM

Hi

Currently, there's no 1 solution to make mass changes to all of your stores.

Eric