Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Grouping Colors Together & Featured Products List (/showthread.php?t=5245)

323ventures September 23rd, 2011 05:14 AM

Grouping Colors Together & Featured Products List

Hi Eric!

The store at catbeds.net is coming along! Loving Datafeedr, it's been pretty easy to optimize so far too :)

Right now I'm trying to organize the actual products showing in my store and get my categories set up based on my kw's, etc.

2 Questions:

1. I'm wondering if there is a way to group together colors of a specific product rather than having each color display as a unique product listing.

2. Is there a way to customize what products show up in the Featured Products section? For example, what if I wanted to only display products from a specific category in the Featured Products section?

Thanks for your help!
Tommy Bussey
323v

Eric September 23rd, 2011 09:30 AM

Hi

1. I think this thread might be of some help. /showthread.php?t=3853

2. Yes, you can specify the Featured Products to pull from a specific category. Just go here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > STORE FRONT PAGE > Default > Product List module and click the settings ( ) icon. From there, choose "Use custom query" under the Product selection field and then input a category to choose products from like this: c=736292 (where 736292 is the Category ID of the category you want to select from).

You can get the category ID by clicking on the category and looking in the URL like this:

Eric