Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Adding Short Code To Posts (/showthread.php?t=5220)

erin September 20th, 2011 09:20 AM

Adding Short Code To Posts

Is it possible to add short code to posts where the buy now links will not re-direct to my store page and go straight to the merchant store?

I am not displaying a physical store on my website as I am writing articles and adding a short code to display which merchants sell the product I am promoting. I noticed when I added the comparison short code, it brings me back to my store page which is totally blank.

Eric September 20th, 2011 09:54 AM

Hi

Yes, you can add short codes which are links directly to the merchant's site.

First you need to create a custom view. Let's call it "product link".

Then you add a Product Detail module to it.

In the Product Detail module template area, add this:
HTML Code:

<a href="[product.url]" class="dfbutton dforange dflarge" title="Buy this product" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Buy</a>
Then in your posts, where you want the link to display, just add this: [product link?p=1111111111111]. Change 1111111111111 to the actual product ID.

That's it.

Eric

erin September 20th, 2011 11:11 PM

Hello Eric,

Thank you for replying back.

I added the short code in visual mode which shows the code on my website when I click to preview my post. Then I moved the short code into "html" mode and it still displays the code on my website when I click to preview my post. I decided to update my products and settings and received this message:

ERROR: bad_download (bad_header) error:871,call.updater.read_shop_update_chunk:764, bgupdate:0,call_user_func_array:864,call..bgupdate :3703
bgupdate: memory: 262144 time: 5.074
bgupdate: FAILED

Could you please tell me what would cause this? Within the past couple of days I've upgraded to VPS hosting but did check to make sure my website was working within SWAMP mode.

I'd like to know what html code would I need to include in my Comparison Set (and where would it go) to directly link to merchant stores within my article post?

Thank you,
Erin

erin September 21st, 2011 06:10 AM

Hi Eric,

I was able to get the store working by reading a curl post. Thank you. How do I not display my "store" address bar before it directs to the merchant's website?

The short code didn't work without your DFR html code and I see a Buy text link and not the button feature. This is what I placed in my post.

[DFR: Product Link?p=1637900487732721]

I am not seeing a merchant logo displayed for Buy.com and the product link directs me to their home page instead of the product page.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Erin

Eric September 21st, 2011 08:32 AM

Hi Erin

I would like to help, but it seems you are addressing about 4 or 5 different issues in this one thread and it's very confusing. They are getting mixed together and I'm not sure what exactly pertains to the original issue of adding a link to your posts.

Please have a read of the posting rules: /show...6527#post16527

Then please reply with any information related to the first question in your first post (embedding a link in a post).

For all other issues, please open new threads.

Eric

erin September 22nd, 2011 07:36 AM

Sorry Eric, I've re-posted questions and have kept the topics separate.

Eric September 22nd, 2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erin (Post 24018)
Sorry Eric, I've re-posted questions and have kept the topics separate.

Thanks! :)