Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Drop down categories in Store menu (/showthread.php?t=5212)

jordand1 September 18th, 2011 04:03 AM

Drop down categories in Store menu

Hi,

Is it possible to hover the mouse over the store button and a drop down menu of all parent categories are shown horizontally with the subcategories underneath each parent?

Thanks

Eric September 18th, 2011 08:37 AM

THREAD MOVED TO 'QUESTIONS' FORUM.

Eric September 18th, 2011 08:40 AM

You can follow the instructions here but you will need to add a parent link to the entire code like this:

HTML Code:

<ul><li><a href="/store">Store</a>
[category.list id='dfparent' before='<ul id="nav">' after='</ul>']
<li>
  <a href="[category.link]" title="[category.name]">[category.name]</a>
  [category.list id='dfchild' before='<ul>' after='</ul>']
    <li>
      <a href="[category.link]" title="[category.name]">[category.name]</a>
      [category.repeat id='dfchild']
    </li>
  [/category.list]
</li>
[/category.list]
</li></ul>

jordand1 September 18th, 2011 03:25 PM

thanks for the reply - I'll look at trying to implement this soon.

Another thought - Are you able to have each parent category set as a permalink in wordpress and then use the code you have supplied to show all sub-categories when hovering over the parent permalink?

Thanks

Eric September 18th, 2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordand1 (Post 23899)
Another thought - Are you able to have each parent category set as a permalink in wordpress and then use the code you have supplied to show all sub-categories when hovering over the parent permalink?

Hi

I'm not sure I understand completely what you mean but I think these instructions will work for you.

Eric

jordand1 September 19th, 2011 01:35 PM

Hi Eric,

Let me offer some clarification to my question:

When using wordpress and datafeedr a "store" tab is created in wordpress as a permalink. You can then use the datafeedr plugin to import your categories.

I was wondering rather than have the "store" button is it possible to have a button at the top of the page for each parent category (replacing the store button)?

Then once you have a list of parent categories running horizontally across the top of the page I would like to "hover" the mouse over these parent categories to "reveal" the sub-categories.

I hope this adds further clarification?
Thanks

jordand1 September 19th, 2011 02:29 PM

another example of what i want is found on one of the tutorial videos where the store page is shown in the permalinks and next to it is the sale page.

Rather than a sale page i would like all parent categories

Eric September 19th, 2011 05:17 PM

Hi
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordand1 (Post 23912)
I was wondering rather than have the "store" button is it possible to have a button at the top of the page for each parent category (replacing the store button)?

Then once you have a list of parent categories running horizontally across the top of the page I would like to "hover" the mouse over these parent categories to "reveal" the sub-categories.

Yes, this is possible. This is exactly what I outlined in this thread: /showthread.php?p=16263

Eric

jordand1 September 21st, 2011 01:30 PM

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your help on this - just added the code and it does exactly what I wanted (and i think it looks great)!!!