Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Problems (/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Drip enabled and the posts are dripping but not appearing on the site (/showthread.php?t=4714)

teeshirtdrama June 25th, 2011 10:13 PM

Drip enabled and the posts are dripping but not appearing on the site

Thanks that was easy. One small issue i notice. I have the drip enabled and the posts are dripping but not appearing on the site. They are all being posted in the admin and are in the scheduled querue rather than actually being published. Is there a setting to make them publish or do they manually have to be changed to published

Eric June 25th, 2011 10:52 PM

Hi

What version of the plugin were the posts you are referring to being dripped? Version 1 or Version 3?

Eric

teeshirtdrama June 26th, 2011 07:54 AM

They seemed to start working. It was version 3 but now they seem to be going to blank pages when you click on the links. You see the affiliate urls but the pages they are going to are just blank pages

Eric June 26th, 2011 08:16 AM

Can you please provide more information as per the posting guidelines?

teeshirtdrama June 27th, 2011 04:57 AM

Drip Problem

I recently set up version 3 and am having a problem with the drip.

It appears as if the drips are dripping on to the site but they are going into the scheduled querue with dates that are in the past so they never post

Store id is 5288
The url is http://www.totallyt-shirts.com
The first post on the home page is a dripped post that i think I manually changed to post rather than scheduled

Eric June 27th, 2011 06:47 AM

Hi

Did you previously have dripped posts set to be "Post in draft mode" in the Drip options?

Also, is the time on your General Settings page configured correctly?

Eric

teeshirtdrama June 27th, 2011 06:58 AM

No i did not have it to go to draft mode. Time on the general settings tab looks correct to me

Eric June 27th, 2011 07:05 AM

Hi

1. I am seeing 4 dripped posts on your homepage. Could those have been dripped and published immediately?

2. What happens if do a "Drip Now" from this page: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr > Drip ?

Eric

teeshirtdrama June 27th, 2011 07:44 AM

The 4 you see i think posted when i did the drip now when i was initially setting it up. When i just did a drip now it changes the number of drip posts to an additional one but on the actual site it does not appear

Eric June 27th, 2011 08:24 AM

Hi

Can you PM me the following information:

BLOG LOGIN INFO with ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSIONS (Temporary login information preferred)
Admin URL:
Username:
Password:

Thanks,
Eric

teeshirtdrama June 27th, 2011 10:36 AM

Yes I sent that over. Thanks

Eric June 27th, 2011 01:18 PM

Thanks, we are looking into this.

Eric June 27th, 2011 06:26 PM

Hi

The issue seems to be related to your timezone settings.

On you Settings page (WordPress Admin Area > Settings > General), your Timezone field was set to "New York". (or UTC-4)

But on your PHP timezone settings (in your php.ini file)the timezone appears to be UTC+0.

I've changed your General Settings field to be "UTC+0". But if you want time to be displayed accurately on your site, you should modify your php.ini file. After I made the change to your General Settings the drip worked fine.

Eric

teeshirtdrama June 27th, 2011 06:38 PM

Ok i see. Thank you so much

teeshirtdrama June 28th, 2011 06:24 PM

Drip Issue

Hi
It seems as if this issue may be back. When I click the drip now it drips fine. But when I scheduled timed drips they do not seem to be working. I left the time settings the way you had them but does not seem to be dripping posts. Can you please check again. Thanks

Eric June 28th, 2011 10:01 PM

Hi

OK, we are looking into this.

Eric

teeshirtdrama June 29th, 2011 04:32 AM

ok thanks.

Eric June 29th, 2011 08:39 AM

Hi

OK, here's the deal.

Posts are being dripped. You can see all of the posts that have been dripped in June here:
http://www.totallyt-shirts.com/wp-ad...ist&action2=-1

This post is scheduled to be dripped in about 2 hours from now.

When creating a post, the automatic drip function takes the date of the most recent drip post ("Last posted date:" on the Drip page) and adds a random value between min and max interval to it. So it's possible to create future posts using automatic drips.

I do see one issue with WP causing the scheduled posts to not appear. I see the message "Missed Schedule" for many of your scheduled posts. It seems a lot of people have this problem.

But it looks like there is a fix for it. I found a fix here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-missed-schedule/

That should get you all fixed up.

Eric

teeshirtdrama June 29th, 2011 08:47 AM

Hi
When i try to install that plugin i get this

Fatal error: Call to a member function initializeRss() on a non-object in /home/totallyt/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tee-shirt-links.php on line 196

any idea what that is

teeshirtdrama June 29th, 2011 08:55 AM

When i tried to reactivate it it did activate successfully but when i scheduled a dripped it showed that one dripped but it did not appear on the site