Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   how to use tags? (/showthread.php?t=4533)

tblogster May 23rd, 2011 03:29 AM

how to use tags?

Hi,
I would like to use a tag cloud on my store's front page but currently there are no tags on my products or categories so the tag cloud is empty.
I can't find a way to add tags to the products and categories.
Advice please?
Naomi

Eric May 23rd, 2011 10:26 AM

Hi

Currently you can't add or modify tags.

But your products do have tags. You just need to make some changes to the tag cloud settings in order to get them to display.

The default tag cloud looks like this:
HTML Code:

<!-- Tag Cloud -->
<div>
  [store.each_tag sort="name" limit="25" size="80/200%" freq="5/50"]
    <a href="[tag.link]" title="[tag.count] products" style="font-size:[tag.size]">[tag.name dash=" "]</a>
  [/store.each_tag]
</div>
<!-- /Tag Cloud -->

You can configure your tag cloud in this line:
HTML Code:

[store.each_tag sort="name" limit="25" size="80/200%" freq="5/50"]
sort - determines the order in which the tags are displayed. They can be sorted by "name" or by "count" (meaning most to least occurring tag).

limit - sets the max number of tags to display in the cloud

size - sets the font size for the small and the largest tag. It could be written like "10/20 px" or "80/200%"

freq - this is where you can fine tune which tags are shown and which aren't. The default is freq="5/50" which means show only the tags which occur in at least 5 products but in fewer than 50 products.

The freq parameter is the one you will need to tweak in order to get some tags showing on your site.

Eric

Morethanurls March 28th, 2013 06:22 AM

Store ID: 41402

Good Morning,

So, I am building my first Store! :D

I see I can't add or modify tags, but can I exclude tags? I ask, because in spanish the tags are very, very poor and in my laptop store I have too many non-related tags, like "components" or "desktops" in the cloud.

I understand that tags are delivered from the merchants, is that right? Is there a way to connect to wp-tags?

Eric March 28th, 2013 06:45 AM

Hi,

You are correct, you can't modify tags.

You can however adjust the display parameters of tags. We have a video about that here:
http://www.datafeedr.com/videos/?vid...rc=yt#videotop

Yes, tags are delivered by the merchant but there is no way to connect with wp-tags at this time.

Eric

Morethanurls March 28th, 2013 07:37 AM

o.k. Thank you, it will have to do without tags then, no worries.