Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Upgrading from V1 to V3 (/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Merchant Filter Widgit Problem (/showthread.php?t=3995)

thenarrowshoe February 24th, 2011 01:33 PM

Merchant Filter Widgit Problem

Hi Eric,

I can't seem to get the merchant filter working properly. When I click on the link it's not going to the merchant. Any idea what might be going on?

Thanks!

Eric February 24th, 2011 01:47 PM

This is because you have an extra single quote in your filter like this:
Code:

<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage''query='merchant=Zappos.com']">Zappos.com</a></li>
It should look like this:
Code:

<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='merchant=Zappos.com']">Zappos.com</a></li>

thenarrowshoe February 24th, 2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 18318)
This is because you have an extra single quote in your filter like this:
Code:

<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage''query='merchant=Zappos.com']">Zappos.com</a></li>
It should look like this:
Code:

<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='merchant=Zappos.com']">Zappos.com</a></li>

Still not working, nor are the price filters.

I copied and pasted from this note:

Could I be in the wrong area. I'm in Widget Merchant Filter View for Merchants.

For Price Filter I haven't touched it.

Thanks!

Eric February 24th, 2011 08:50 PM

Did you already run an update by clicking the [Update Settings Only] button?

thenarrowshoe February 25th, 2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 18326)
Did you already run an update by clicking the [Update Settings Only] button?

Yes. Was that not the right thing to do?

Eric February 25th, 2011 10:56 AM

Can you PM me the following information:

BLOG LOGIN INFO with ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSIONS (Temporary login information preferred)
Admin URL:
Username:
Password:

Eric February 25th, 2011 04:08 PM

Hi

I clicked the [Update Settings Only] button and that seemed to work.

Eric

thenarrowshoe February 25th, 2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 18351)
Hi

I clicked the [Update Settings Only] button and that seemed to work.

Eric

Hi,

That's strange, I see the merchants but when I click on them from my computer nothing happens. Same with the price category. Any idea why it seems to be working on your end but not on mine?

Also, some of the merchants that I have relationships with are not listed in V3. Is there a reason for that?

Thanks!

Eric February 26th, 2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenarrowshoe (Post 18362)
That's strange, I see the merchants but when I click on them from my computer nothing happens. Same with the price category. Any idea why it seems to be working on your end but not on mine?

The filters aren't working on your homepage because there are no products from your store being displayed. To really take full advantage of using the merchant filters (or any of the filters), they should be placed on your store category pages and/or on your store front page. But you have not exposed any of those filters on those pages.

I suggest using something like the Widget Context plugin to expose filters on specific pages.

I've covered how to do all of that in this tutorial: /showthread.php?t=3853 Take a look at that tutorial because it seems I do a lot of stuff in that tutorial that you are trying to do yourself.

thenarrowshoe February 26th, 2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 18364)
The filters aren't working on your homepage because there are no products from your store being displayed. To really take full advantage of using the merchant filters (or any of the filters), they should be placed on your store category pages and/or on your store front page. But you have not exposed any of those filters on those pages.

I suggest using something like the Widget Context plugin to expose filters on specific pages.

I've covered how to do all of that in this tutorial: /showthread.php?t=3853 Take a look at that tutorial because it seems I do a lot of stuff in that tutorial that you are trying to do yourself.

Okay, I can try this. Two questions though:

a) Can I put in a specific style of a brand in the Men's Category --take for example your sunglass brand "Frog Skin." Let's pretend Frog Skin is a men's shoe brand -- since my store is shoes -- Frog Skin has ten different shoes styles for men, but I only want to add these two pretend shoe styles 1) Frog Skin Tadpole and Frog Skin Pappa Frog, is it possible to get that specific in the category rather than setting it up so that every single Frog Skin pair of men's shoes shows up?

b) when you say you haven't exposed any of the filters on the page -- can you clarify exactly what you mean by that?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

Eric February 26th, 2011 11:22 AM

Hi

A.) Only if Frog Skin Tadpole and Frog Skin Pappa Frog are part of the brand name, which they probably aren't.

B.) On your store pages (front page, category pages, etc) there are no filters exposed as widgets in your sidebar. There are no widgets at all.

Eric

thenarrowshoe February 26th, 2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 18370)
Hi

A.) Only if Frog Skin Tadpole and Frog Skin Pappa Frog are part of the brand name, which they probably aren't.

So then, can I just create the categories the way I had in the past even though this is a lot of work or is this not possible now in v3?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 18370)
Hi
B.) On your store pages (front page, category pages, etc) there are no filters exposed as widgets in your sidebar. There are no widgets at all.

I didn't realize until you pointed it out that they disappeared. This must have happened when I downloaded the context plug in. Let me try to delete what I had and add it again.

Eric February 26th, 2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenarrowshoe (Post 18371)
So then, can I just create the categories the way I had in the past even though this is a lot of work or is this not possible now in v3?

Or instead of setting up a filter on the 'brand' field, you could just set up a keyword (ie. "word") filter. That might suit your needs.