Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Missing data on products (/showthread.php?t=3801)

cyberil January 27th, 2011 11:41 AM

Missing data on products

Hi Eric/Stefan

I'm currently setting up a new website using Pixmania as the sole merchant. However there is a lot of information missing in the data feed that can be found by clicking on 'more info' by each product, such as 'brand' (useful for brand filtering and sorting product categories), 'description' which only contains a short summary (essential for the product page) and I think 'sale price'. There are a lot of products and withoput all the data it makes setting up the sight very difficult and inaccurate.

Is datafeedr able to control the amount of information available in the factory for a merchant or is this something only the merchant controls?

What are my options? I'm not keen on changing merchant as a lot of prep work has already taken place or should I speak with a representative from Affiliate Window?

Thanks
Paul

Eric January 27th, 2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberil (Post 17365)
Is datafeedr able to control the amount of information available in the factory for a merchant or is this something only the merchant controls?

This is something that the merchant controls. We can only gather what the merchant is supplying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberil (Post 17365)
What are my options? I'm not keen on changing merchant as a lot of prep work has already taken place or should I speak with a representative from Affiliate Window?

I would contact the affiliate manager for Pixmania and ask them to include more information into their datafeeds in the proper fields of the datafeed (ie. Brand name in datafeed brand name field, etc...).

Eric

cyberil January 27th, 2011 12:14 PM

Hi Eric

I just spoke with Affiliate Window and they tell me for the purposes of SEO and duplicate content that that the policy of Pixmania is not to include full product descriptions. Do you know of a way I could scrape the descriptions directly from their website or the manufacturers and insert it into my website?

Also they informed me after checking their feed that their is additional data available that datafeedr doesn't show in the 'more info' of the product in the 'factory'. They asked for you to amend the way you collect your data, as follows:

'Brand' - brand_name
'Promo Text' (used for voucher codes - promotional_text

Thanks

Paul

Eric January 27th, 2011 12:37 PM

Hi

I don't know of an automated way to scrape descriptions from their site.

It seems we were missing some extra fields in the AW datafeeds. We are working on getting those processed. I will update you when the new fields have been added.

Eric

cyberil January 27th, 2011 01:12 PM

Thanks

Eric January 28th, 2011 08:51 AM

Hi

We've now added the additional datafeed fields to AW's products.

Eric

cyberil January 28th, 2011 08:58 AM

Hi eric

Was it just the 'brand' and 'promo text' fields you added?

Eric January 28th, 2011 09:09 AM

We added any field that we support and that they offered.

cyberil January 28th, 2011 10:29 AM

The reason I ask is that on the phone yesterday AW told me that for this merchant 'Brand' (brand_name) is available in the feeds. But this still isn't showing in the products in the factory.

Eric January 28th, 2011 12:59 PM

Hi

Something strange is going on. The new data is appearing in our backend but is not displaying in the Factory. I will update you once this issue is resolved.

Eric

Eric January 29th, 2011 10:44 AM

Hi

The new fields have now been added. You can find the Brand and Promotional Text for Pixmania products.

Eric