Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Feature Requests (/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Add button to sort categories in factory (/showthread.php?t=3782)

ayorofrance January 25th, 2011 07:23 PM

Add button to sort categories in factory

I'd like to suggest that a button is added to the factory to sort the categories alphabetically...

Often when a shop is built the categories are named spontaneously, and out of order.

Adding a sort button would allow for a quick ordering, which can then easily be adjusted.

An example is one shop I have with 60 sub categories, where I'd like to sort the categories alphabetically apart from two categories which I'd like to move to the end....

So now I have to sort the categories manually and then place the two categories at the end. The sort button would make this much easier.

Thanks

Eric January 25th, 2011 08:15 PM

Do you just need the categories sorted in the Factory or do you need them sorted in your store? I guess my question is, what is the ultimate goal of sorting in the Factory?

ayorofrance January 25th, 2011 08:53 PM

Just to avoid having to do the sort manually...

Quick sort by clicking the button... then manually move the 'odd' categories to the end...

Basically just automating a tedious manual task :-)

Eric January 25th, 2011 09:01 PM

I just want to make sure you are aware that it is possible to sort your categories on your site in different methods: alphabetical or custom.

ayorofrance January 25th, 2011 09:19 PM

Sure - I know - thanks...

This idea came about cos I have a category with 60+ sub categories, and I'll have to sort them manually in the factory to get them in alphabetical order, and then move one or two categories to the end of the list...