Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How to format subcategories in widgets? (/showthread.php?t=3727)

1800HART January 20th, 2011 12:39 PM

How to format subcategories in widgets?

Hello!

I've got the store categories and subcategories in my sidebar, that is 120px or so wide. The categories fit, but when expanded they indent to the right and do not fit properly. To make things worse, I've got 2 subcategories ..

eg.
Dog Breeds
- Working Dogs
- - Bloodhounds
Cat Breeds
- Longhair
- - etc

Here's a visual representation
http://easycaptures.com/6738265793

I tried to search but, nothing really came up in the results. It looks like something to do with the widget-wrap class? I didn't want to search or play with any of the files in the plugin folder - as updates are practically made daily anyway.

I'd like to change the formatting so they start either left aligned, or after 1 character, or maybe change expanded categories to a different color, etc. Where do I find the place to do this?

Thanks in advance
HART

Eric January 20th, 2011 12:41 PM

This is strictly a theme CSS setting. It has nothing to do with the Datafeedr plugin.

You should be able to tweak this by modifying your theme's CSS properties which control the sidebar lists (ie. the <ul> lists).

1800HART January 20th, 2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 17013)
This is strictly a theme CSS setting. It has nothing to do with the Datafeedr plugin.

You should be able to tweak this by modifying your theme's CSS properties which control the sidebar lists (ie. the <ul> lists).

oh! didn't think of that - all my other widgets aren't related but, I'm using genesis and child themes so it should be easy to do //

Thanks
HART