Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   purge products listed for zero in amazon? (/showthread.php?t=11037)

yankeestonk September 25th, 2014 03:59 PM

purge products listed for zero in amazon?

I've got a ton of products from Amazon.com that are showing up as $0.00 . When I click through to them many are unavailable. Is there a way to automatically remove Amazon products that are unavailable or priced at zero? (other than manually?)

http://saveongolf.net

yankeestonk September 25th, 2014 04:22 PM

not sure what is going on right now. In my store I have a lot of Amazon products that are displaying a price. (in the factory). But when I click on "more info." I go to a page that almost always says Currently unavailable. Something is wrong. the store being used is SAVEONGOLF copy. This is the one the developer used to make the new site. Here is an example page of so many products listed as zero and unavailable. http://saveongolf.net/store/category...15&sort=sprice
I may have a setting off somewhere?

stefan September 25th, 2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeestonk (Post 50898)
I've got a ton of products from Amazon.com that are showing up as $0.00 . When I click through to them many are unavailable. Is there a way to automatically remove Amazon products that are unavailable or priced at zero? (other than manually?)

There's no automated way.

stefan September 25th, 2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeestonk (Post 50899)
not sure what is going on right now. In my store I have a lot of Amazon products that are displaying a price. (in the factory). But when I click on "more info." I go to a page that almost always says Currently unavailable. Something is wrong. the store being used is SAVEONGOLF copy. This is the one the developer used to make the new site. Here is an example page of so many products listed as zero and unavailable. http://saveongolf.net/store/category...15&sort=sprice
I may have a setting off somewhere?

The update of Amazon products happens on the plugin side (unlike all other networks which are updated in the Factory).

That's why you have to enter your Amazon keys in WordPress admin > Tools > Datafeedr > Amazon API. Can you check if you did enter your keys in the plugin?

I've checked some of the products with price 0 on your page directly in the API. These products are available in the API but don't come with a price - hence the 0 price in Factory.

yankeestonk September 25th, 2014 05:36 PM

Hi Stefan.

I'll check now. I have not had this problem before. Aren't Amazon products supposed to update like everything else?

Is there a way for me to not show results of anything throughout the store that is price under $1?

yankeestonk September 25th, 2014 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe it's there. Can you take a peak at this screenshot and let me know if the setting other than the api are correct? I never had all my Amazon products not have correct prices before.

yankeestonk September 25th, 2014 05:46 PM

Just to be clear. It seems to me that many of the products that are showing a $0.00 price are "currently unavailable' when you click through. Yet there is no way to have these products removed from results? It makes using Amazon.com products a negative rather than a positive if every other product is not available or shows the incorrect price.

stefan September 25th, 2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeestonk (Post 50902)
Aren't Amazon products supposed to update like everything else?

Amazon is treated differently.

By default Amazon information is not "older" than 24 hours. That is, the data is always cached, to avoid excessive amazon API requests on each page load.

This is the best option for most stores, but there's an option in the plugin backend under Amazon API > Update and Local Storage if you want to reduce the cache time from 24 hrs to something shorter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeestonk (Post 50902)
Is there a way for me to not show results of anything throughout the store that is price under $1?

This has already been discussed here: /showthread.php?t=10071

stefan September 25th, 2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeestonk (Post 50903)
I believe it's there. Can you take a peak at this screenshot and let me know if the setting other than the api are correct? I never had all my Amazon products not have correct prices before.

Looks fine to me.

stefan September 25th, 2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeestonk (Post 50904)
Just to be clear. It seems to me that many of the products that are showing a $0.00 price are "currently unavailable' when you click through. Yet there is no way to have these products removed from results? It makes using Amazon.com products a negative rather than a positive if every other product is not available or shows the incorrect price.

If you want to update Amazon products on the fly you should first delete the local cache via the [Delete the Local Storage] button in the plugin (Amazon API section).

Can you do that? Then update your products via the Update button?

If you discuss price issues of specific products can you mention specifically the URLs of the product detail pages in question so I can check the Amazon API?

yankeestonk September 25th, 2014 07:35 PM

Hey Stefan. Thanks for the help on this. I'm getting the feeling that the only way to deal with this is to uncheck Amazon completely from the store unfortunately. I gave you the link http://saveongolf.net/store/category...15&sort=sprice where you can see in just one very specific category on my site I'm showing 8-10 Amazon products priced at zero dollars. That messes up the whole experience of the site. And almost all of those are unavailable when you click through. Unless you guys have come up with a way to not display any products at all...Amazon or otherwise anywhere on the site if the price is zero, then putting amazon products on the site is not an option. That's a huge loss, but no one wants to search through 1/2 the results showing prices of $0.00. Are you sure there is no way for me to set up the store so it won't show any products from anyone if the price is lower than $1? If you click the link above and click through to Amazon from most of them the products will say unavailable. I already did manually update the amazon api. Didn't change all the zeros. I think vendors on Amazon just let the price go to zero when they run out of an item so they don't have to take it down. It makes it easier to put it back later if they get more inventory. It sucks for us though.

yankeestonk September 25th, 2014 08:25 PM

here's one URL for instance...why does this show a price of 0.00 on my site but when you click thru it says $39.99 ? http://saveongolf.net/store/used-bal...7700003109384/

yankeestonk September 25th, 2014 08:28 PM

Oh boy. I'm noticing something ugly now. MANY products from many sites are showing a price of 0.00 on my site. Even if the initial price is there, the detail page shows a sale price of 0.00. http://saveongolf.net/store/hitting-...5200269667276/

I've actually discovered that every product I check in my store shows a red 0.00 price on the detail page. What could cause this?

stefan September 25th, 2014 08:30 PM

You could use the price filter as suggested here: /showthread.php?t=10071

But once the Amazon products have been added to your site and price changes to 0 these products are not automatically removed from your store.

Unfortunately because of the restrictiveness of Amazon's API it's not possible to use Search Subscriptions with Amazon products the way you can do with the other networks in the API.

So other than removing the products in question manually from your store I don't see any other solution right now.

yankeestonk September 25th, 2014 08:38 PM

did you see the question above this. ALL the products in my store show a price of zero when you go to product details. All of them, not just amazon. Can you tell anything messed up in the code for product details? I just had the site redesigned. the store that is being used it the saveongolf copy. Here is the product detail code. maybe you can tell?
<!-- Single Product -->
<div class="sp">
<div class="bdr">
<div class="lc">
<div class="thmb">
<a href="[product.url direct='0']" title="[product.name]" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
[product.image tag='1']
</a>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="rc">
<h2><a href="[product.url direct='0']" title="[product.name]" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[product.name]</a></h2>

<div class="prc">
<small>
<span style="text-decoration: line-through;">[product.currency mode='sign'][product.price]</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold; color:red;">[product.currency mode='sign'][product.saleprice]</span>
</small>
</div>
<p class="desc"> [product.description]</p>
<div class="logo">[product.merchant_logo]</div>
<div>
[product.each_tag]<?php if($nn>1){echo ', ';}?><a href="[tag.link]"><?php echo str_replace("-"," ",$tag->name);?></a>[/product.each_tag]
</div>

<?php if ($product->saleprice > 0 && $product->saleprice < $product->price) { ?>

<?php } else { ?>

<?php } ?>

<div class="btns">
<a href="[product.url]" class="dfbutton dforange dflarge" title="See more details at retailer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">See It</a>
</div>
</div>
<div class="clearingdiv"> </div>
</div>
<!-- /Single Product -->

stefan September 25th, 2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeestonk (Post 50915)
here's one URL for instance...why does this show a price of 0.00 on my site but when you click thru it says $39.99 ? http://saveongolf.net/store/used-bal...7700003109384/

That's an Amazon product that only lists a "used" price.

Currently we don't process the used prices for Amazon products.

That's why you see 0.

yankeestonk September 25th, 2014 08:46 PM

just want you to check out the code on my detail page that I pasted above. it's different that the product detail code from the original site. So they must have played with it somewhat. The "LIVE" site is the saveongolf copy site. The code that I think was messed up and causing the issue is pasted above if that's easier. I think they added something doing some kind of decoration that is messing things up. Since they didn't really know how to use datafeedr it will be a lot faster for me to have you try and decipher it than they.

yankeestonk September 25th, 2014 08:49 PM

I probably should wait to see how bad my other problem is before I ask something else....but is there a way for me to remove/delete ALL amazon products from my site in one fell swoop and start over adding new ones? This way I can do it at my own pace. I have 200 plus categories and maybe 1000 amazon products. But it would be easier for me to wipe them all out and just add maybe one amazon product per category and make sure it is a new product.

yankeestonk September 25th, 2014 08:53 PM

You know I have no idea what I'm doing...but I think this shouldn't be in the code for product detail

<div class="prc">
<small>
<span style="text-decoration: line-through;">[product.currency mode='sign'][product.price]</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold; color:red;">[product.currency mode='sign'][product.saleprice]</span>
</small>
</div>

stefan September 25th, 2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeestonk (Post 50918)
did you see the question above this. ALL the products in my store show a price of zero when you go to product details. All of them, not just amazon. Can you tell anything messed up in the code for product details? I just had the site redesigned. the store that is being used it the saveongolf copy. Here is the product detail code. maybe you can tell?

With the code below you always display the sale price even if there's no sale price! And if there's no sale price 0 is displayed.

That's because the code below is missing the default if else clause.

PHP Code:

<div class="prc">
<
small>
<
span style="text-decoration: line-through;">[product.currency mode='sign'][product.price]</span>
<
span style="font-weight: bold; color:red;">[product.currency mode='sign'][product.saleprice]</span>
</
small>
</
div

It should be this:

PHP Code:

<?php if ($product->saleprice &&  $product->saleprice $product->price) { ?>
  <div class="prc">
    <small>
      <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">[product.currency mode='sign'][product.price]</span>
      <span style="font-weight: bold; color:red;">[product.currency mode='sign'][product.saleprice]</span>
    </small>
  </div>
<?php } else { ?>
  <div class="prc">
    <small>
      [product.currency mode='sign'][product.price]
    </small>
  </div>    
<?php ?>