Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (/index.php)
-   Questions (/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Full datafeed download (/showthread.php?t=10863)

alankarsale August 3rd, 2014 09:45 PM

Full datafeed download

I have a clothing site that has 5 merchants. Each of course has their own categories, tags, keywords, etc.

Is there a way to download their full datafeed through datafeedr so I can pull and organize their tags to build a good category and/or filter list?

stefan August 4th, 2014 03:25 AM

That's not possible.

IF the merchant provided category information in the datafeed the category information should normally be available as product tags in the Factory.

alankarsale August 4th, 2014 09:01 AM

Is there a way to get all the tags from a particular merchant?

stefan August 4th, 2014 10:43 AM

We only process category information and keyword information (if any) as tags.

Which merchants/networks you're referring to?

alankarsale August 4th, 2014 12:28 PM

Linkshare is the one i am working with.

The merchants are Wal-mart, Macy's, sheinside, oasap and thredup. Their tags are very different from each other and I can't get a focused category listing or filter setup for a good search. That is really all I am looking for is a way to search without manually placing the products into each category (That could take forever!)

stefan August 4th, 2014 02:25 PM

For Linkshare we do process the field Primary Category and the field Secondary Category(ies) as tags.

So the values of these fields (the first field is a required field, the second field is optional) should be available as product tags in the Factory.

If the tags are too different for each merchant the best way to work is to create different search subscriptions per category (one subscription per merchant).