Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old May 22nd, 2014, 05:33 AM

Default Price Comparison sets using Factory in WooCommerce

Hello,

I am using WooCommerce. But the WooCommerce API does not support price comparison sets yet. So I subscribed to the factory plan. Factory plan does support price comparison sets but it is asking me to enter categories and sub-categories. I believe it will import products as blogposts. I have already created categories and sub-categories in WooCommerce.

http://www.takeaclick.com/store/amaz.../HD-7-2nd-gen/

You can see the brands and products hierarchy in the sidebar widget "Product Categories".

I want to include price comparison sets. How to do it? I am new here and a bit overwhelmed by all the information, so I missed something, a way to do it.

All I want is to create price comparison sets for each product and display it on product page using shortcodes, code, function or any other means possible.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 07:40 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Here's how to embed a Comparison Set into a post. You can apply the same thing to your WooCommerce products:

http://www.datafeedr.com/videos/?vid...rc=yt#videotop
http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/167

Eric
Old May 22nd, 2014, 07:48 AM

Hello Eric,

Yes I was trying to do it that way. Here is a link to the product page where I added the shortcode after following that guide.

http://www.takeaclick.com/store/sams.../tab/pro-10-1/

You can see the shortcode right below the title. I inserted the product id of the master product. First one from the top though I am not sure what it's use it yet.

Is it because I have not created any categories and not imported any products as blogposts into my blog? I clicked on "Update Product and Settings" under Tools.

Last edited by tacshack : May 22nd, 2014 at 07:49 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 07:52 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

You still need to create categories and add products to those categories in your Factory store. Then import your store. Then your comparison set should appear.

Eric
Old May 22nd, 2014, 07:58 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Actually I just tested your comp set the way it is and it works for me.

Make sure you add your [DFR:Embeddable Comp Set?p=777700002953897] code to the "body" section of your product (ie. the product description).

Otherwise, if you need to add it via PHP you can use:

<?php echo datafeedr_tag('Embeddable Comp Set?p=777700002953897'); ?>

Also, make sure the Datafeedr plugin is activated.

Eric
Old May 22nd, 2014, 08:00 AM

Hello,

Ok, but when I create categories, add products to these categories and import my store to wordpress - will it create those categories in my wordpress and create products as new blogposts within those categories?

That will defeat the purpose since I dont want to list the same product twice i.e. once under woocommerce using the shortcode and once under wordpress as normal blogposts. Also as I have already used the brand/product name once in woocommerce, I cannot create a new category by the same name again in wordpress.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 08:22 AM

It is working fine the way it is without me having to create or import any categories or anything. This is beautiful.

Between shortcode and php code, which is better from page load and seo standpoint? Also just to be sure I am doing it the right way? Not messing with any categories, imports and everything? No issues that I might run into later?
Old May 22nd, 2014, 09:28 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

There's no difference in what's rendered between shortcode and php. It's all the same in SEO.

I don't foresee any issues.

Eric