Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old December 17th, 2012, 10:18 AM

Default Duplicate Store and URLS

Hi Eric,

In January after the festive period i will be placing freakfish.co.uk on datafeedr. I will duplicate the rideonsurfshop.co.uk store and then change the content so there is no duplicate issue with the domains.

Can i ask if i duplicate the store will the product URLS be different in both stores?

They would be be like this would they?

rideonsurfshop.co.uk/black-witch-neoprene-repair-glue-28g-2110200310491530

freakfish.co.uk/black-witch-neoprene-repair-glue-28g-2110200310491530

Is so how do i get round this?
Old December 17th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfink View Post
They would be be like this would they?

rideonsurfshop.co.uk/black-witch-neoprene-repair-glue-28g-2110200310491530

freakfish.co.uk/black-witch-neoprene-repair-glue-28g-2110200310491530
Yes, that's how they would be.

Quote:
Is so how do i get round this?
What do you want to get around?

Eric
Old December 17th, 2012, 12:21 PM

i just think that will look odd to google if both products are shown in the serps.

What i may do is host different products on each site. I have stopped subscriptions and add the products manually. It's going to be hard becuase i will have to cross reference everything.

It would be so much easier to use if you blocked products from store, they wouldnt then show in the searches. This way if you dont want the product it wont appear again in your next search and would make adding newly listed items much easier.

Also take this for example, if somebody else had the same industry affiliate store they would have the same product URL as me black-witch-neoprene-repair-glue-28g-2110200310491530.

How have other affiliates found ranking products?

I guess rel nowfollow products and then rank the category pages with dofollow instead?

Whats your thoughts?
Old December 17th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
It would be so much easier to use if you blocked products from store, they wouldnt then show in the searches. This way if you dont want the product it wont appear again in your next search and would make adding newly listed items much easier.
You could duplicate your store, then in the new store edit all of the search subscriptions so that they are blocking the found products from the store instead of adding them to the store. I cover how to block from a category here: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/show...8147#post38147

You would just change all of your search subscriptions so that they are blocking all of those products from your new store.

Quote:
Also take this for example, if somebody else had the same industry affiliate store they would have the same product URL as me black-witch-neoprene-repair-glue-28g-2110200310491530.
You have more control over your URL Settings. You can add the category path or slug to appear before the "product" part of the URL and you could change the order in which the product ID and slug appears in the URL. All that can be changed here: The Factory > Your Store > Store menu > URL Settings

Eric