Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old September 8th, 2012, 04:50 AM

Default Easy filtering possible?

Hi there,

I'm new to Datafeedr and I'm working on setting up the store. Great program by the way!

Now I'm still figuring out how some things work, but I'm running into a "problem" when searching for products. I'm creating a store for equestrian products which has several categories. One of the parent categories is ladies, which has subcategories like jackets, gloves, boots etc.

However, I'm adding the products to the subcategories by using an extensive filter and I have to remove certain items by hand, because the products do not contain decent key words and tags. Also, some products are not even available anymore. Seems like the store doesn't update the product feeds or something like that?

I've read about the post to use filters for categories, but I guess this is only possible when the products have good key words and tags? And is it an idea to add tags myself to the products?

(website: http://www.paardenlifestyle.com/store |store ID: 39506)

Thanks in advance!
Old September 8th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Welcome to the forums!

I took a look at your store and unfortunately your merchant(s) don't seem to provide any useful keyword information other than the product name and description.

I think you are already making the best of it given the merchant data feeds are lacking good keyword information.

Eric
Old September 8th, 2012, 08:30 AM

Thanks for the quick answer!!!

Well at least it's good to know that I'm not missing out on some trick to do it faster.

I'm not sure if I should open a new post, but there's not a code for a category specific brand/merchant/network dropdown menu, right?

Best regards,

Conny
Old September 8th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

There's this however it's not category specific: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6778

Eric
Old September 8th, 2012, 09:56 AM

Yes, I have already implemented that one, but thanks anyway!