Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old July 13th, 2011, 04:42 AM

Default Adding a Product Once to Site and Declaring Multiple Categories

Hi guys, I've been using Datafeedr for a few months now and it is a great tool.

Here is the last of 3 feature requests that I'm going to suggest to make this product better.

Currently I take a very manual approach to adding products to my affiliate site, I have categories like "Cheap Widgets", "Red Widgets", "Short Widgets", "Cheap Red Widgets", "Cheap Short Widgets", etc.

As I am going for quality there is no quick way of adding a filter to find all Red Widgets, for this reason I have to add Red Widgets one by one to the Red Widgets Category. This is fine but if the Widget is also Short I have to add it to the Short Widgets Category and the Short Red Widgets Category.

What I propose is that when adding a product you should be given to option to add to multiple categories. This would allow you to add the product once to the site and declare which categories it was in rather than manually adding the product 10 times to different categories (which is VERY time consuming).

Just to clarify I am not interested in filters, I want to add products manually to ensure quality. I just need a quick way of adding to mulitple categories.
Old June 9th, 2012, 04:41 PM

Hi Eric,

Ran across this thread researching and was wondering if you guys plan on implementing something like this? My store is also very hands on to ensure the quality of the products.
Old June 9th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Datafeedr Team

Not currently.
Old July 7th, 2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Not currently.
I agree that the ability to share curated content between categories would be a big help.

Cheers
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:20 PM

Hi Eric,

I am new and my store feels somewhat disjointed and difficult to get built and maintain because of not being able to add products to more than one category at a time. This is especially an issue when searching through Amazon because it is so vast. Most of my products need to show up in more than one category.

I find myself manually writing down all my search terms in hopes to search them again in other categories to find the same products again. What would it take to interest you in making this feature happen? Is there a reason the feature is not being considered?

If the feature is out of the question, would you consider adding a feature that would allow the user (me) to save searches which could be nicknamed and grabbed at any time from a drop-down? That way at least I could avoid having to constantly remember and reset similar searches. In Amazon, there is obviously no save search option currently.

Thanks!

Rebekah

Website URL: www.faithhomedecor.com
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

You could try the "Add Multiple Categories" functionality here: The Factory > Your Store > Store menu > Add Multiple Categories.

Here's more info: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/199

It allows you to add categories and subscriptions in bulk.

Eric
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:48 AM

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your quick reply. This functionality is brilliant. Thanks for pointing out where it is.

Could you confirm something? Will adding search subscriptions cause products to be automatically added to my store? I need to be able to manually review products before they go live in the store.

Sorry if that is a basic question. I'm new and still learning how this works.

Thanks!

Rebekah
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Yes, it will automatically add products to your store.

Eric
Old August 20th, 2012, 02:20 PM

Hi,

Is there a way to make it not automatically post?

Thanks!

Rebekah
Old August 20th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

We don't have a way to queue products for moderation. They are either in or out.

Eric
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:05 PM

Sad. I might add this as a feature request. Thanks for your response!