Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old June 13th, 2011, 02:57 PM

Default Embed Product Comparison Set Into Post Question

I know how to embed a product comparison set into my posts or pages, which is a great feature. I'd like to now know what the code would need to look like to display the set horizontally rather than vertically.

So rather than seeing column 1 with all the merchants, column 2 with descriptions, column 3 with prices and column 4 with a the buy now button.

I'd like a view that goes by row's. So row 1 as the Product name, row 2 has the description and image, row 3 has the merchant and row 4 has the buy now button. Is that possible?

The reason is from an ecommerce usability point of view, if the products are aligned vertically the user has to scroll down to see more, but if the products are horizontal the user can see maybe 4 or 5 per row.

Thanks,

Adam
Old June 13th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Can you provide more information such as your store ID and view name so I can see what you have so far?

Eric
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:01 AM

Would love to know how to embed the product comparison set into wordpress post and pages (not the store ones, but the actual wordpress post if it's possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mviadam View Post
I know how to embed a product comparison set into my posts or pages, which is a great feature. I'd like to now know what the code would need to look like to display the set horizontally rather than vertically.

So rather than seeing column 1 with all the merchants, column 2 with descriptions, column 3 with prices and column 4 with a the buy now button.

I'd like a view that goes by row's. So row 1 as the Product name, row 2 has the description and image, row 3 has the merchant and row 4 has the buy now button. Is that possible?

The reason is from an ecommerce usability point of view, if the products are aligned vertically the user has to scroll down to see more, but if the products are horizontal the user can see maybe 4 or 5 per row.

Thanks,

Adam
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger571 View Post
Would love to know how to embed the product comparison set into wordpress post and pages (not the store ones, but the actual wordpress post if it's possible?
That's covered in the docs: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/167