Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 6th, 2012, 05:46 PM

Eric:
all I can say is, um, WOW!
This gets to be very thick stuff, esp for a newb such as myself.

That also seems to have fixed another minor issue I have with Suffusion ... no ability to drag-n-drop widgets. I've had to turn off accessibility mode and use the 'add' button. Just tried d-n-d a widget and it worked.

BUT: the home page does not show the store, and left-hand sidebars are missing.

also: did you get my PM about datafeedr update failing? Do you think that's tied to these same suffusion issues?

I'm tempted to try activating a different theme (maybe Flexibility) to see if it's more compatible. I'm early enough in my site design and my store building that for this first store it may be wise to go with a theme that assures compatibility, even if I need to forego some aesthetic aspects. Thoughts?

thanks,
markz
Old January 6th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

The update worked fine for me. I think it was a temporary problem.

I removed the Datafeedr widgets in my attempt to troubleshoot the issue.

The homepage now shows the store. It was a simple Menu tweak.

Suffusion is VERY complex. If you are a self proclaimed newb, I would suggest something simpler.

Eric
Old January 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM

Eric:
Gotcha on all counts.
Do the datafeedr widgets not display within the store? They appear on all pages/posts, but not on the store home page. Is that by design, or is there a tweak somewhere to allow it?

Also: I appreciate your candor re suffusion & its complexities. I really love its potential, but for a first-time functioning store, perhaps I should simplify. Have you had any issues with, or know much about, either Flexibility or Weaver 2010?

Thanks for all your help ... you'll probably hear from me often in the next few days, weeks, etc.

markz
Old January 6th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

You probably aren't seeing Datafeedr widgets on your store page because your store pages are (for all intents and purposes) being displayed as your "home" page. But, not to fear. I'm sure Suffusion allows you to configure what widgets appear on the homepage. At any rate, it's just a setting and by no means the default functionality. Of course Datafeedr widgets should be viewable on store pages!

I don't have much experience with the themes you mentioned. I prefer to tweak the basic 2011 theme.

I'll be at Affiliate Summit West from tomorrow thru the 10th but Stefan will be able to handle your questions during that time.

Eric
Old January 6th, 2012, 06:21 PM

OK, thanks for your help, and have fun at the summit!
I expect I'll be able to find the setting to get the widgets to display correctly.

I was just looking at Flexibility again, and I may very well revert back to it. It has almost as much flexibility (!!) as Suffusion, and a lot less tweaks that can go wrong, or so it appears to my untrained eye. I'll play with it this weekend, and keep you (or Stephan) advised as to what I find.

Again, thanks for your help.
markz
Old January 6th, 2012, 11:32 PM

Hi Eric (& Stephan if Eric's already summitting):
Quick followup: I 'downsized' my theme to Flexibility3, and all seems to be working flawlessly at the moment. (Give it time, I'll screw it up )
I lose a left sidebar, but that's worth it if the theme + datafeedr integrate.

Thanks for all your help!
markz
Old April 4th, 2012, 10:21 PM

Thank You!! This has been driving me crazy for 2 days! This page is now bookmarked for future reference.
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Welcome to the forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honnas View Post
Thank You!! This has been driving me crazy for 2 days! This page is now bookmarked for future reference.
It's also a video: http://www.datafeedr.com/videos?vide...rc=yt#videotop

Eric