Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old November 4th, 2014, 06:07 AM

Default Downloaded file not readable

Hi,

I keep getting notifications that the downloaded files on my websites are not readable. Since I was doing a lot of other things that I wanted to finish first, I didn't really pay attention to it ater I did try to change my temp directory. Now those messages really start to bother me though, so I have a question about it.

I read http://www.datafeedr.com/go/err_read_unreadable and saw the video. I tried some things, but they don't seem to work. I don't have a backup possibility since I don't have the unlimited thing, so I can't just copy that line and change backup into tmp.

I have the same problem with all of my websites (onlinedierenaccessoires.nl (46283), onlinebabyaccessoires.nl (46019), onlinetelefoonaccessoires.nl (46256), onlinebeautyaccessoires.nl (46273)), although the error message is longer with interieurtips.eu (ID 46276).

Do you have a solution for me? I tried using the same path you did, but changing yogablks into interieurtips, but that didn't work.
Old November 4th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Can you PM me the following information for 1 of your sites that you are having problems with:

BLOG LOGIN INFO with ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSIONS (Temporary login information preferred)
Admin URL:
Username:
Password:

FTP LOGIN INFORMATION (Temporary login information preferred)
Host:
Login:
Password:

Thanks,
Eric
Old November 4th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

I changed the temporary directory in the store you sent me and now updates work fine.

For the site you sent me, I went here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr > Directories > Temporary Directory

You had
Code:
/public/tmp
I changed it to this (obviously without the asterisks):

Code:
/public/sites/www.inte*****tips.eu/wp-content/uploads/store/temp
Then clicking the [Update Products and Settings] button everything ran fine. Here is your update log results:

Code:
Last update started:	2014-11-04 14:05:33
Last update ended:	2014-11-04 14:08:06
Eric
Old November 4th, 2014, 09:28 AM

Thanks!

Most of the time it used to run fine too, but then I received an email saying file not readable anyway. I haven't had an email so far though, so that's good! I changed the others into the same thing (obviously with the interieurtips part different for each site), checked the 'create directory if necessary' box and then hit the update products and settings button. Haven't had an email for either of them so far, so I'm guessing everything works fine now.

I can see now why my copying your code and just changing the yogablks part didn't work. Apparently I should've checked my 'website-path' in fire-ftp so that my temp file would end up in the right map, I think?

Thanks!
Old November 4th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrella86 View Post
I can see now why my copying your code and just changing the yogablks part didn't work. Apparently I should've checked my 'website-path' in fire-ftp so that my temp file would end up in the right map, I think?
Right or you could also find the path in the System Information here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr > Debug > System Information > [Show]

Eric
Old November 4th, 2014, 02:43 PM

Ah I see, thanks for explaining it to me!