Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 16th, 2011, 04:50 PM

Default Drip products to one specific category?

Hi!

Just updated to Version 3. Hopefully this isn't a dumb question as i have searched the forums already. In the old version i could continuously drip random products into one category, i would like to know how i can do this in version 3, can anyone help me please?

I have been trying to do this but it keeps creating new categories using the title from the store and this is not what i want.

Thanks

Simon
www.onefairworld.com
Old February 16th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

It seems this feature is not very well documented yet. You just need to choose "Move all posts to the following category" option and input your Category Name in that field. Kind of like this:

Eric
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:39 AM

Excellent stuff !! Thanks Eric! Simon
Old February 19th, 2011, 09:05 AM

Eric, this now works 'almost' .. it creates the post and puts it in the correct category but it only puts the title. When i then click on the title i would expect to see the product details, price, image etc just like it used to do in the old version. I have had a play for various combinations within the drip settings on wordpress itself and also in the drip settings on the factory but i cannot get the drip posts to create in full with all the details i would expect to see. Do you know what i might be doing wrong? Simon
Old February 19th, 2011, 09:06 AM

I have left an example in the 'Portal Picks' section so you can see what i mean.

Simon

www.onefairworld.com
Old February 19th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

This is because you removed all of the template code from your Product detail view in the Factory. Therefore, the plugin doesn't 'know' what to display.

Try going to The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > DRIP TEMPLATE > Default > View menu > Reset This View in order to get the proper code displaying on your site.

Don't forget to click [Update Settings Only] first.

Eric
Old February 19th, 2011, 09:24 AM

Dohh !!! Eric you are a star ! Thanks again for your help! Simon