Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 22nd, 2014, 01:39 PM

Default How to separate store page from home page

Hi chaps,

Having a little head burn out here. I've just upgraded to wp 3.8.1 and am having to re jiggle my site slightly (You know, the plugins and theme conflicts thing). Whilst re jiggling, I've realized that I can't seem to have my front page as a static page without my store url pointing back to my homepage. If I adjust wp settings back to blog/post then my store url is fine, but I don't want my blog on the homepage.

I remember my setup being slightly messy when I first hooked up the datafeedr store but it worked and I was able to have my homepage as a static page and my store as it is.

I'm thinking this might be a good opportunity to sort my store settup out correctly. I've had a look through the vids to start a fresh but can't find what I'm looking for. 'Complete store creation' vid doesn't seem to cover what I need.

Any fresh thoughts or links for a confused soul??

Website URL: www.fitmywoodfloor.co.uk
URL to page in question: http://www.fitmywoodfloor.co.uk/store and http://www.fitmywoodfloor.co.uk/
Old February 22nd, 2014, 01:44 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Try clicking the [Update Products and Settings] button again.

Eric
Old February 22nd, 2014, 01:59 PM

Done and it has corrected itself somewhat. Only now there's nothing on my homepage as my original homepage was done through the wp/theme settings.

I can remember this happening first time I installed datafeedr. I couldn't have the basic themes default homepage settings at the same time as dfr. I vaguely remember creating two homepages to get round the problem but if possible, don't want to mess around like that this time for fear of indexing issues.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 02:03 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Now you should check your Reading Settings to make sure your front page displays posts.

Eric
Old February 22nd, 2014, 02:08 PM

Done. However, that has brought up my blog on my homepage as opposed to my themes static homepage.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 02:11 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

That I don't know about. You'll need to ask the theme developer.

Eric
Old February 22nd, 2014, 02:14 PM

Yep, I thought that might been the next step

I was hoping it maybe a common thing from your side but I can see it's theme side.

Thanks very much for your help though mate. Appreciated.

Regards,

Wes.