Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > General > News & Announcements
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 03:26 PM
Datafeedr Team

Default Amazon is now available in the Factory!

Hi

In the new version 3.3 of the Factory, Amazon is now available.

Due to Amazon's very strict usage of their API and their Licensing Agreement regarding the API, integration of Amazon's products is much different than the other affiliate networks.

Here are 2 videos about Amazon integration:

http://www.datafeedr.com/videos?vide...rc=yt#videotop
http://www.datafeedr.com/videos?vide...rc=yt#videotop

A few things you will notice when adding Amazon products to your store within the Factory:

Only 10 products are returned when doing a search. This is because that is the maximum number of products you can return when doing a search via the Amazon API. If we could increase this limit, we would.

You can't subscribe to searches. You can only add products one by one or 10 at a time. This is because of the limits imposed by the API in regards to the number of requests. If you were able to subscribe to a search, every time the category was loaded in the Factory, stats were run or your store was updated, the search would hit the API hundreds of times (once for every 10 products) and you would quickly hit the 2,000 3,600 requests per hour limit imposed by the API.

Your AWS security identifiers are required. As mentioned above, the API has a 2,000 3,600 requests per hour limit. Therefore, if everyone shared the same AWS security identifiers (access key ID, access secret key and associate tag), then the 2,000 3,600 limit would be hit in a few minutes and no one else would be able to search Amazon products until the next hour. We encrypt your security identifiers in our database and cannot be recovered without your PIN code that you enter when inputting your credentials.

Your AWS security identifiers are also required in the plugin area. In order to prevent your website from exceeding the 2,000 3,600 requests per hour limit, you need to add your AWS security identifiers to your Datafeedr plugin area here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr > Amazon API. According to the Amazon API License Agreement, you are allowed to store Amazon product information in your database as long as the product information did not come from a third party and as long as it is updated every 24 hours. So, when you update your store with your Amazon product information, we are passing only the ASINs to your site. Then, upon request, the Datafeedr plugin on your site will grab the necessary product information, store it in your database and update that information every 24 hours. Therefore, you must provide your AWS security identifiers in the plugin, too.

If you are curious about the API and the license agreements, you can find more information here:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...agreement.html

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...etail/faq.html

As it is, we have done our best to give Datafeedr members the ability to add Amazon products to their store while still abiding their Licensing Agreement.

Lastly, you should know that Amazon may change their License Agreement at anytime and this could result in Amazon integration being removed from the Factory and the plugin.

Eric

Last edited by stefan : October 24th, 2013 at 05:02 AM.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:18 PM

Any timescale on when we will get Amazon UK?

Thanks

Bruce
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:23 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnialgroup View Post
Any timescale on when we will get Amazon UK?
Hi

It's already available as well as Germany, France, US and Canada:

Eric

Last edited by stefan : November 17th, 2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:28 PM

I see. In your merchants, it says "Select only the merchants which you have been approved to promote from Amazon." and the only choice is amazon.com.

Should we choose the US site and it will change to amazon.co.uk when we choose our products?

Bruce
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:36 PM

How do you get the drop down box, mine just says Amazon Products with no drop down, and only searches for US products?

Bruce
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I see. In your merchants, it says "Select only the merchants which you have been approved to promote from Amazon." and the only choice is amazon.com.

Should we choose the US site and it will change to amazon.co.uk when we choose our products?

Bruce
It's the logo that showed Amazon.com

To avoid confusion I've removed the extension from the logo so it only shows Amazon.

If you want to display the Amazon logo with extension (.com, .co.uk, ....) you can create your own Amazon logo and replace the 7777.jpg in your logo directory.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
How do you get the drop down box, mine just says Amazon Products with no drop down, and only searches for US products?
Add the locale filter to your search. That will allow you to choose non-USA locales.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:42 PM

It wasn't just the logo, the link which says visit Amazon's home page goes to the US site as well.

How do we get amazon.co.uk ?

Bruce
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:49 PM

Ahh, found the locale filter, I've never noticed that before, I only usually use UK sites (like amazon.co.uk )

Regarding quota, is it right that all our datafeedr site amazon searches, plus any you do for us in the factory, plus all our non datafeedr amazon sites, are all using the same quota?

Could that be a bit restrictive?

Thanks

Bruce
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
It wasn't just the logo, the link which says visit Amazon's home page goes to the US site as well. How do we get amazon.co.uk ?
Just select the Amazon network and you're covered for all locales. The link to Amazon's homepage is just for information purposes and will NOT affect your searches.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:56 PM

Got it all now, thanks, maybe you could put an explanatory note on the page for the hard of understanding.

Best wishes.

Bruce
Old October 3rd, 2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Regarding quota, is it right that all our datafeedr site amazon searches, plus any you do for us in the factory, plus all our non datafeedr amazon sites, are all using the same quota?
We tried to optimize the number of necessary API requests the best we could. Requests will be made when you search for Amazon products in Factory and when product information on your site needs to be updated - that is when products on your site have a timestamp greater than 24 hours.

If you have a lot of Amazon stores and you're generating lots of traffic you may eventually hit the API limit. Note however that the more sales your sites refer the more requests your account is allowed to make. Below an excerpt from Amazon's Efficiency Guidelines...

"....Each account used to access the Product Advertising API is allowed an initial usage limit of 2,000 requests per hour. Each account will receive an additional 500 requests per hour (up to a maximum of 25,000 requests per hour) for every $1 of shipped item revenue driven per hour in a trailing 30-day period..."

Last edited by stefan : October 3rd, 2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old October 4th, 2011, 09:54 AM

Awesome addition!

Thanks guys!
Old October 4th, 2011, 04:25 PM

Smile Amazon Integration

Thank You!
Old October 5th, 2011, 06:00 AM

Hi,
When trying to access Amazon Searches Im asked for the "pin"

What is this and where Do I find it?

Thanks
Dave
Old October 5th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi Dave

"Why" is covered in my first post.

You create your PIN when you insert your access credentials. I will post a video tutorial regarding this later today.

Eric
Old October 5th, 2011, 10:58 AM

I currently have 2 amazon accounts. 1 for UK .co.uk and 1 for US .com

But am I right in saying I only need the one account so I can affiliate for both UK and US?
Old October 5th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngy View Post
But am I right in saying I only need the one account so I can affiliate for both UK and US?
I don't know about that so you should ask Amazon.

You can only input 1 affiliate ID for each network per store, so that might be an issue if you have products from both locales in one store.
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:29 AM

Well I want to use 1 UK ID for one website and 1 US ID for a different website.

Can that be done, or are you saying I can only use one ID across all my stores?
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngy View Post
or are you saying I can only use one ID across all my stores?
No.

Quote:
You can only input 1 affiliate ID for each network per store, so that might be an issue if you have products from both locales in one store.