Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > General > News & Announcements
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old October 24th, 2012, 10:48 AM

Default [NEW FEATURE] Add Your Datafeedr Store to Facebook!

We're super excited to be sharing with you our latest new Datafeedr feature.

From TODAY on it's also possible to add a Datafeedr store to your Facebook account.

We've teamed up with StoreYa.com - a service already known for its Facebook store integrations - to make it easy to import your Datafeedr store into Facebook.

By combining Datafeedr and StoreYa you can now monetize your Facebook account with the products from your favorite merchants.

Watch the video on the page below and see how simple it is to add an affiliate store to your Facebook account.

http://www.datafeedr.com/storeya
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:48 AM

Hello Everybody,
this storeya link is fantastic and easy to use. They have very good customer service, almost as good as datafeedr, just not as fast. I set up my first facebook store on
https://www.facebook.com/christmasselections?ref=hl
look for the tab that reads "store"
anyone who does see this and goes there I would appreciate your suggestions and your help in promoting my page/site by liking the page and please share it on your timelines, this is the only way I know how to get the page to go a Little viral.
Thank you all
Michael G Schurmann
Old October 26th, 2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgs View Post
Hello Everybody,
this storeya link is fantastic and easy to use. They have very good customer service, almost as good as datafeedr, just not as fast. I set up my first facebook store on
https://www.facebook.com/christmasselections?ref=hl
look for the tab that reads "store"
anyone who does see this and goes there I would appreciate your suggestions and your help in promoting my page/site by liking the page and please share it on your timelines, this is the only way I know how to get the page to go a Little viral.
Thank you all
Michael G Schurmann
Hey Hey Michael

Nice store, gave you a like and joined your promotion.

My store is here https://www.facebook.com/WholesaleChinaElectronics

And I concur, I have found StoreYa staff really responsive to support questions I have asked or submitted. Just for us here I have asked them to put the currency next to the price, meaning if you choose USD then that should appear next to the price. Currently the price shows as $xx.xx no currency and I already have had questions from visitors to my FB shop "what currency" are the prices in..

I would imagine ShopYa will do this globally not just for my shop.
Old October 26th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post
Looks great!
Old October 26th, 2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Looks great!
Aw thanks Eric.. One thing Eric I do not like is the FB visitor has to click on the "BLUE SHOP NOW" button and I am wondering just how many people will do this. For my friends I have had to guide them to do this. The shop now button either needs to be really prominent or visitors bypass that main page.

Just something you might want to talk to shopya about and for sure I will mention it to them myself.
Old October 26th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Datafeedr Team

Yeah, I'm unsure about that as well.
Old October 27th, 2012, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Aw thanks Eric.. One thing Eric I do not like is the FB visitor has to click on the "BLUE SHOP NOW" button and I am wondering just how many people will do this. For my friends I have had to guide them to do this. The shop now button either needs to be really prominent or visitors bypass that main page.

Just something you might want to talk to shopya about and for sure I will mention it to them myself.

I'm getting mixed feelings about this StoreYa concept now. According to stats http://www.storeya.com/home/dashboard there hasn't been activity. But, not promoting it either. However, I did ask a bunch of people in various social media and non-social media groups what they thought about the facebook store and I didn't have one positive response about anybody who would bother to go to a page and shop on facebook, yet alone go to the page to browse the shop products. A Typical response that I could paraphrase ...

"social media should be used to create fans, trust and prove you are a thought leader and someone people want to do business with - not expect you to do business with a Buy Now in your face attitude"

My store fanpage is retrieving tweets or drip feed blog posts already that brings people to my store on the www ... Although this is free (50 limit) I'm thinking of removing my store this weekend.

Besides - StoreYa sure has lousy support - I haven't heard back from them since I left my questions Oct 24th about 11pm CST (Wednesday Night) and now it's the weekend with no updates or response.

PS Nzicd .. If you go to your icons on your timeline, you'll see that 3^ where you can expand all your icons and change locations with other icons (which you obviously have done before). Click the Pencil on the Shop Now icon and then "Edit Settings". You can change the image and upload your own, or if you want the wording underneath the store - e.g. http://facebook.com/abitpac I changed the wording "Store" to "CLICK HERE"
Old October 27th, 2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800HART View Post
I'm getting mixed feelings about this StoreYa concept now. According to stats http://www.storeya.com/home/dashboard there hasn't been activity. But, not promoting it either. However, I did ask a bunch of people in various social media and non-social media groups what they thought about the facebook store and I didn't have one positive response about anybody who would bother to go to a page and shop on facebook, yet alone go to the page to browse the shop products. A Typical response that I could paraphrase ...

"social media should be used to create fans, trust and prove you are a thought leader and someone people want to do business with - not expect you to do business with a Buy Now in your face attitude"

My store fanpage is retrieving tweets or drip feed blog posts already that brings people to my store on the www ... Although this is free (50 limit) I'm thinking of removing my store this weekend.

Besides - StoreYa sure has lousy support - I haven't heard back from them since I left my questions Oct 24th about 11pm CST (Wednesday Night) and now it's the weekend with no updates or response.

PS Nzicd .. If you go to your icons on your timeline, you'll see that 3^ where you can expand all your icons and change locations with other icons (which you obviously have done before). Click the Pencil on the Shop Now icon and then "Edit Settings". You can change the image and upload your own, or if you want the wording underneath the store - e.g. http://facebook.com/abitpac I changed the wording "Store" to "CLICK HERE"
Hey Mr Hart

Thanks for the little tips, the image now reads "Order Online" with Click Here under it.. The image is brown with white text so it stands out a lot more than the color blue.

Support: I have not had an issue but thats maybe because I choose one of their paying plans. However the same level of suport should be given to the free users as well. Do you want me to email the person I have been dealing with and ask them to contact you?

FB and uses: Agreed that it is a social media tool and I have not used it very much at all. Did a search though and found a lot of businesses do have online shops on FB, but with no research on whether having an online shop as part of FB is a bad thing or a good thing, I am not in a position to agree or disagree with the people you spoke with.

I have sometime before I start paying for the shop so I see what results if any I get or any comments, good or bad I get and decide from there.
Old October 27th, 2012, 06:16 AM

Just one other thought, why don't you simply ask the users of your FB page and see what the feedback is from them before deleting the shop. I have done this and I look forward to any replies to see what they say.

Let me know what you think of the button!
Old October 27th, 2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Hey Mr Hart

Thanks for the little tips, the image now reads "Order Online" with Click Here under it.. The image is brown with white text so it stands out a lot more than the color blue.

Support: I have not had an issue but thats maybe because I choose one of their paying plans. However the same level of suport should be given to the free users as well. Do you want me to email the person I have been dealing with and ask them to contact you?

FB and uses: Agreed that it is a social media tool and I have not used it very much at all. Did a search though and found a lot of businesses do have online shops on FB, but with no research on whether having an online shop as part of FB is a bad thing or a good thing, I am not in a position to agree or disagree with the people you spoke with.

I have sometime before I start paying for the shop so I see what results if any I get or any comments, good or bad I get and decide from there.
Thanks for the offer, but no intervention necessary with their support. I would be happy to read your ongoing success (and failures) about your store and if it is working out for you! / HART

PS // that brown does pop out more than the light blue - definitely.

Last edited by 1800HART : October 27th, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old October 27th, 2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800HART View Post
Thanks for the offer, but no intervention necessary with their support. I would be happy to read your ongoing success (and failures) about your store and if it is working out for you! / HART

PS // that brown does pop out more than the light blue - definitely.
Hey Mr Hart

Thanks for the feedback about the button

I have feedback your comments to the support agent who was assigned to me as I think they are very relevent for ShopYa. They should never ignore new users who have chosen a free plan. You deserve the same support as any paid member does and they never know if you would upgrade at a later stage.

They have also added the currency after the price for me. They say they cannot add it to their code so they added for my store alone. Really thankful for that but again suggested they really need to add it for all their customers so the currency the price is in is very clear to anyone visiting the shop.

I have suggested to them also they need to change the default button to something that really jumps out and they need to think about the color they use.

Last edited by nzcid : October 27th, 2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old October 27th, 2012, 09:21 PM

that's funny .. I kept looking for my stats on "ShopYa" dot com .... and must have said it ten times myself .... ooooooooooooooops! // it's StoreYa