Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old June 6th, 2011, 04:24 AM

Default Display merchant currency somewhere in datafeedr

I run separate stores for UK and USA customers so they can buy from local merchants in their own currency. The biggest challenge is making sure that I only use UK merchants with Sterling pricing on their sites in my UK store and merchants with US Dollar pricing in the US store. At the moment, Datafeedr does not seem to give any indication of what currency merchants use to price their products which makes life very difficult.

Is it possible to put a country flag or currency beside merchant names and in the merchant directory and, ideally, show the pricing currency in the merchant discovery tool?

I have seen the thread about displaying the merchant currency symbol by the price in the stores (using the tag [product.currency mode='sign']) and I will give that a try but the real problem is at the stage of finding the correct merchants in the first place.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Keith
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:53 AM

We do store the currency in V3 as a separate field if the merchant provides that kind of information of course.

Just click on the more info link of a product record in the Factory and you'll notice a separate currency field.

Note that not all networks provide a separate datafeed field for currency and if they do not all merchants use that field. That's why you may see empty currency fields.