Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old November 10th, 2012, 06:42 PM

Default Custom Modification

Greeting Team

I am wondering if there is a possibility to add a customisation to the buy section. In essence what I would like to see happen is that when someone clicks on the buy button, they are taken to a payment section - Paypal and fill out their details and this section then sends me an email with all the purchase details of what they have bought and their shipping details.

I understand completey I am talking about a cart function but all things are possible are they not? And Yes I am investigating joining a company who like datafeedr gets datafeeds from merchants and supplies a shopping cart, oscommerce to run the site.

However there are issues with the merchants datafeed with them and until this is sorted out as well as the shipping aspect, I not going down that road.

I seem to have a lot of buyers lately coming to the site - I know this by the keywords they are using which tend to start with "buy" but for some reason it is not resulting in a sale.

One aspect I think adds to this is when they are thrown to the merchants site to buy or they are very clever in that they realise it is an affilate site and without choosing to click the buy buttons they are going direct to the merchant and buying direct of them which results in a lost sale for me.

For me at least as I only use one merchant for this site, being an affiliate is becoming less and less of an option and I either close the site down or turn it into a dropshipping site.

You have told me already that adding this sort of function is not on your radar as there are lots of other things you like to see happen with datafeedr and that where your focus is.

But I like to encourage you to look at this as an option - another string to your bow so to speak. It could be turned on or off or is a seperate option to rent off datafeedr. You are three quarters the way there already by mere fact of having these datafeed from lots of merchants.

I am sure on this board there woud be other users that would love this option for themselves as well.

Anyways asking if there is anyway you guys could do a custom modification for me for this one merchants to achieve the result I am looking for.

Many thanks
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Unfortunately, our answer is still the same... this type of feature (if even possible) is not on our radar.

Eric
Old November 10th, 2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi,

Unfortunately, our answer is still the same... this type of feature (if even possible) is not on our radar.

Eric
Okay - so would it be possible to add a paypal button then on the details page insteand of datafeeds buttons?
Old November 11th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post
Okay - so would it be possible to add a paypal button then on the details page insteand of datafeeds buttons?
Yes, you can add the image of the paypal button. That's possible. But I don't think the reaction from your users is going to be any more positive.
Old November 11th, 2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Yes, you can add the image of the paypal button. That's possible. But I don't think the reaction from your users is going to be any more positive.
Wow care to enlighten me why?
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Wow care to enlighten me why?
If I click a PayPal button, I expect to be taken to PayPal.com. If I'm redirected anywhere else, it's going to lower my trust drastically.
Old November 11th, 2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
If I click a PayPal button, I expect to be taken to PayPal.com. If I'm redirected anywhere else, it's going to lower my trust drastically.
I am not sure how you got to where you are, I was asking if I could replace the buy now button with a paypal buy button which would take them to paypal to buy the product.

Must be a way to incorpate a payment gateway into datafeedr like paypal. So I am not asking for a cart but a payment gateway.
Old November 11th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
I am not sure how you got to where you are, I was asking if I could replace the buy now button with a paypal buy button which would take them to paypal to buy the product.

Must be a way to incorpate a payment gateway into datafeedr like paypal. So I am not asking for a cart but a payment gateway.
As far as I know, this is impossible. It would be awesome to do this however I cannot think of a single feasible solution in order to do this.
Old November 11th, 2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
As far as I know, this is impossible. It would be awesome to do this however I cannot think of a single feasible solution in order to do this.
Okay thanks anyways..