Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old September 27th, 2012, 08:20 PM

Default Passing userID into Tracking Parameters?

I need to pass the Wordpress userID in our tracking parameters, and am likely going to end up hiring someone to get this done (I know very little about coding and wordpress in particular). To help scope this out:
1. Do you know if it would be a change to the datafeedr plugin code, or a change to my wordpress install?
2. Do you think we would have to create unique code for each affiliate network to pass the userID?
3. Do you have any estimates on how many hours it would take to get this custom coding done?

Anyone want to volunteer

Thanks so much for the help,

Ron

Store ID:
Website URL: consumer.coop
URL to page in question:
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

This should be relatively simple. But what user ID are you referring to?

Eric
Old September 28th, 2012, 10:17 AM

Someone more knowledgabe in Wordpress than me said that they would pass the Wordpress userID in the URL. I don't know if this is their username or a unique number in the dtabase...?

Is this going to require editing the code in the datafeedr plugin, or my wordpress install? If it is an edit to datafeedr, I suppose I will not be able to update the plugin?

if you know of anyone that may be a good candidate to help out with this, or more information where I can take a crack it that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ron
Old September 28th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Does this mean that the visitors to your blog/store will need to be logged in to view your products or to click the "buy" link?

There is no WordPress user ID unless a user has registered on your site and is logged in.

If that's the case, changing your links in the Views section of the Factory is all you need to do.

For example, wherever you see this [product.url] or [product.url direct='0'], change that to:

[product.url direct='1']-u_<?php echo get_current_user_id(); ?>

That will give you something like:

http://merch.com/aff.php?a=123&afftrack=3-u_1

afftrack=3-u_1 is the part of the tracking parameters.

afftrack= is the unique parameter defined by the network. You don't want to change this.

The Tracking ID is 3.

Then the u_ indicates the beginning of the user id.

In this case the WordPress user id is 1.

Eric
Old September 28th, 2012, 11:22 AM

Hi,

We want the products to be shown to all users, but registered users will have their purchases tracked so we can provide them cash back.

I am looking for a way to "change the links in the Views section of the Factory" as you stated, but am coming up short. Can you provide a bit more guidance on where to go exactly?

Another thing that should be noted:
We are planning on listing each merchant as a custom product page. This will require use to enter a URL in the form to create a custom product page. Will your suggestion still work if we are using the custom product pages?

Thanks so much,

Ron
Old September 28th, 2012, 11:25 AM

For your directions on where to make the edits, do you mean we should edit the product list module template and all the other templates where products are listed?
Old September 28th, 2012, 11:45 AM

Hi Eric,

IT IS WORKING!!!! Thank you so much, I can't tell you how happy I am.

Do you think it is possible to enter something into the custom product pages that will also pass a logged in users ID in the URL?

Ron
Old September 28th, 2012, 12:44 PM

Also just want to update you that it is also working for the custom urls entered for custom products.

Thanks again
Old September 28th, 2012, 12:55 PM

Only if you plan to use products from Commission Factory merchants or Amazon, it will not work as these networks do not provide an extra parameter to pass extra info to the links.