Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 18th, 2012, 02:56 PM

Default Amazon UK

If i sign up for amazon UK, can you pull up their products too?
Amazon UK is needed for UK and European visitors of the website since buying directly from the Amazon US may not be viable.
Old February 18th, 2012, 05:08 PM

Amazon UK is supported. You should add the "locale" filter and select United Kingdom when doing your searches.

Last edited by stefan : February 18th, 2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old February 18th, 2012, 07:46 PM

Do you know if that would be the same ID that I use for my affiliate USA amazon right now? I don't see an option to enter any other amazon ID
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:16 PM

Currently you can only add one Amazon ID.
Old February 19th, 2012, 03:02 PM

amazon ask me to sign for their UK site independently of their USA site. That means that they will create another associate ID for the UK site. In general the USA site ID ends in -20 and the UK site will end in -21. So that may be the only difference. I will have thriftye0-20 for USA and then thriftye0-21 for the UK. It is interesting I can create UK amazon links with my USA associate ID at datafeedr. I am just not sure amazon UK would credit me for those links that datafeedr creates with my USA associate ID to UK Amazon. Any data on that?
And if I need to use my UK associate ID, can I just go to the products I load from UK and manually change "more info" the ID in everyone of the links datafeedr creates automatically?
Obviously the second solution is not very efficient so if we can clarify the first part would be good.

store: thriftytraveling.com/store where I have one category know for UK amazon and the links are using the USA associate ID that datafeedr automatically uses when i select amazon locale:UK when loading products. Since you allow creating locale links for amazon with one ID only, I assume someone validated that works. However it is different that what amazon responded to me in below email

-----

Dear Associate,

Thank you for writing to the Associates Programme.

At this time, the Associates programmes for the Amazon.co.uk, and Amazon.com sites are completely separate. Each site requires a separate application, and you will have a different ID for each. As explained previously you will have separate tracking id's for each of the site and at the same time a unique id in each of the Amazon sites internationally.

In addition, links formatted for one programme will not be able to earn you commission at the other site.

We do believe, however, that it often makes sense to participate in multiple programmes. You can then have multiple links for each item, one for your American visitors and the other for your British and European visitors.
Old February 19th, 2012, 04:54 PM

a little bit more info. I sign up for amazon UK and they assigned me a different associate code. This is how the link should look like
http://www.amazon.co.uk?_encoding=UT...riftytravel-21
The -21 cannot be changed so they are different than the usa. I want to make sure there is a way to load UK products in my store along with the USA products and we won't have a problem for amazon to recognize the sale and credit it. I am fine if I need to change the ID in every product I load from amazon UK. However the current structure your links provide should be good. If there is no easier solution to this. Do you have plans to make these easier as people get assigned different IDs from amazon if you load from different countries sites?
Old February 19th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

It's not possible to load UK and US Amazon products into the same store.

There are no plans for this but you can submit a request in the Feature Request forums.

Eric
Old February 19th, 2012, 06:52 PM

eric, i can create a custom link for the products that are loaded right? I assume I just need to replace the ID tag in the custom link and keep everything the same.
In other words, I would just go to more info, keep the same link but change the ID to the one for the UK. I load my products manually anyway. i don't use the Save SEARCH

Last edited by jcvm27 : February 19th, 2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old February 19th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Yes, you can use PHP to make the replacements yourself. You just need to modify the $product->url variable.

Eric
Old February 19th, 2012, 07:07 PM

sorry, now I am lost with that response. I have no idea where to modify that.
I was suggesting that for every product I load from UK amazon, datafeedr creates this link automatically. Example below from one product

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Berghaus-Opt...SIN=B003AM8ABQ

I go to product info and I change the tag=thriftytrac0e-20 to my UK ID which would be tag+thriftytrac0e-21 and keep everything the same. I assume that the rest of the URL will not impact getting credited as far as I pass the right ID

However I also have the option to change the entire URL with what amazon give me for this product which is

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/re...&creative=6738

it would be much more painful to have to do the second one. This is why I am checking if my first approach works. That's easy to change in the more info but i am concerned if the SubscriptionID has any impact.

I think there is a solution to all this and trying to figure out the easiest way before I start loading products.
Old February 19th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I would use php's preg_match() function to determine if the URL is a .com or .co.uk and then do my search and replace (ie. str_replace() ) to modify the URL.

I've covered something similar to this here: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6063

Eric
Old February 19th, 2012, 07:19 PM

thanks for your quick response. That for now seems to complex to solve this problem. ALL my UK Amazon products are under one single category and its children, which is 156530. I only want the amazon products from this category to use the other amazon ID.

Do you think my approach of changing the URL at "more info" and making it custom-URL with the tag-ID name changed won't work that you are proposing other ways of automating it?
Old February 19th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I think your approach is much more difficult. I would just use a function like the post I linked to and just analyze the URL to see if it contains "amazon.co.uk" and if it does, replace "-20" with "-21". That's it.

Eric
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:05 AM

Now it's possible to add per store a different affiliate ID for each country within the same network.

That means you can now specify in Store > Affiliate IDs & Tracking Parameters a different affiliate ID for Amazon UK and Amazon US for example.