Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 12th, 2011, 06:56 PM
andrewy187 andrewy187 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
Default Duplicating a store category

How can I duplicate a store category (and then rename it) so I can just edit rather than recreate all my searches for different merchants of a similar category?

eg. Coats being one category and Jackets being another separate category...
  #2  
Old December 12th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Eric's Avatar
Eric Eric is offline
Datafeedr Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,902
Default

Hi

The easiest thing to do is duplicate (or "copy") the subscription for coats, edit the newly created subscription, save it and in the "save search" dialog box, choose from the drop down menu under "Action": Create new category.

Eric
  #3  
Old December 14th, 2011, 08:06 PM
andrewy187 andrewy187 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
Default

THANKS!!!
  #4  
Old January 16th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Giftoly Giftoly is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Eric,

Do you guys have a developers list that you could consider adding this too as for end users this functionality would rock ?

I have a number of different categories in my store and many fall under more than one top level category..

For example in my gift store....

I have adventure days (and subcategories) which I would like to be under 'Experiences Days' but also 'gift ideas for him' and

'2 for one pamper trips' that I would like to be within 'Short breaks' and also "Valentines".

To be able to copy a category and it's subcategories and paste elsewhere would save a huge amount of time for myself.

Another thought that would be great would be to have the subscriptions separate in the factory and tickboxes add them to categories. This would save time repopulating the subscription and updating each subscription and each duplicated one when changes are needed.

Anyway just a thought.
__________________
Many thanks

John
www.giftoly.co.uk
  #5  
Old January 16th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Eric's Avatar
Eric Eric is offline
Datafeedr Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giftoly View Post
Eric,

Do you guys have a developers list that you could consider adding this too as for end users this functionality would rock ?

I have a number of different categories in my store and many fall under more than one top level category..

For example in my gift store....

I have adventure days (and subcategories) which I would like to be under 'Experiences Days' but also 'gift ideas for him' and

'2 for one pamper trips' that I would like to be within 'Short breaks' and also "Valentines".

To be able to copy a category and it's subcategories and paste elsewhere would save a huge amount of time for myself.

Another thought that would be great would be to have the subscriptions separate in the factory and tickboxes add them to categories. This would save time repopulating the subscription and updating each subscription and each duplicated one when changes are needed.

Anyway just a thought.
Hi John

All of this will be available in the next release which is scheduled for this week.

Eric
  #6  
Old January 16th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Giftoly Giftoly is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Fantastic news!

Will update some of my task lists then in that case!
__________________
Many thanks

John
www.giftoly.co.uk
  #7  
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Giftoly Giftoly is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Hi Eric,

Any news on this update please as wonder whether to manually copy my categories or wait for the update?

Many thanks!
__________________
Many thanks

John
www.giftoly.co.uk
  #8  
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Eric's Avatar
Eric Eric is offline
Datafeedr Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giftoly View Post
Hi Eric,

Any news on this update please as wonder whether to manually copy my categories or wait for the update?

Many thanks!
Hi

Version 3.5 was just released today and we haven't even posted about it. If you go to The Factory > Your Store > Store menu > Add Multiple Categories, you can add categories in bulk there.

You can find more about that here: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/199

Also, if you go here: The Factory > Your Store > CATEGORIES > Your category > Category menu > Duplicate This Category. That will allow you to duplicate one category and all of its sub-categories.

Eric
  #9  
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Giftoly Giftoly is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 52
Default

That's awesome Eric,

Do I need to update to the latest software or is that all done automatically ?
__________________
Many thanks

John
www.giftoly.co.uk
  #10  
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Eric's Avatar
Eric Eric is offline
Datafeedr Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giftoly View Post
That's awesome Eric,

Do I need to update to the latest software or is that all done automatically ?
You should upgrade your plugin to version 3.5.3808.

Eric
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duplicating Categories webnamescouk Questions 2 December 1st, 2011 09:26 AM
Duplicating Store to Modify It for Another Use, Yet Keeping Original for Later Use cspdfadmin Questions 3 January 22nd, 2011 09:53 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.