Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 10th, 2011, 10:35 AM

Default Embedding PhpBay into pages

So tell me if I am correct on my theory here Eric.

I want to set up a new store.
The products I want to promote are half available at online merchants through datafeedr, but a whole lot of other related products are only available on eBay.

So I want to set up the store, so that a page can show either datafeedr products, or eBay products (I have phpbay which spits out ebay products on a page).

I have two options:
1. I can set up the datafeedr side of it, for products that are in datafeedr, and then set it all up on the wordpress side and make a page for each product/keyword and put either the datafeedr category views in the page, or the the phpbay code on the page, depending on where I am pulling the products from.

Or

2. Using the new fancy V3, I should also be able to set it all up in Datafeedr as per normal, but for the categories that have products only on eBay, I can create the category in Datafeedr, and then I can create a custom category view and just put the phpbay ebay code in a text module on that custom view right?

I am figuring that number 2 is the easiest option, correct?
Can you see any reason why option 2 won't work?
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by patagonia View Post
I am figuring that number 2 is the easiest option, correct?
I agree. I think that's the better solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patagonia View Post
Can you see any reason why option 2 won't work?
Not off the top of my head. It should work just fine.
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:44 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I quickly set up a new store, as mentioned above, combing both affiliate and eBay products and it worked great.

I set up the factory, with all the categories I wanted, including those which I knew didn't have products available from affiliate merchants.
I then created a custom category view for the category for which I wanted to pull the products from eBay, and just added a text box, with the phpBay code in it, and it works a treat.

On the real website, it shows the factory navigation and breadcrumbs etc, as per normal. But when I click on the category for the products I want to show from eBay, it just shows a table of eBay products, instead of products from the factory/affiliate merchant. The breadcrumbs and category navigation, make it all look seamless.

Something we couldn't have done in V1.

So I am happy it worked. I can combine affiliate and eBay products on the one site (well on a per category basis, not combined on the one page) but still, it looks nice and neat. The same thing could be done if someone had the Amazon phpZon plugin too.

Now, if only we could combine the eBay and merchant products all together on the one category page!
Old February 16th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Datafeedr Team

Thanks for sharing!